CHAPTER 36

NO ONE'S POV

It's Nayeon's mom 4th day being under observation in the hospital, thus Nayeon getting sleepless night.

She spent most of her time in school staring blankly at there classroom windows, the teacher didn't really say anything since they knew what the girl was going through. It was even hard for her to eat properly, thankfully Jeongyeon and her stubborn ass was there. She wouldn't let the older girl skip a meal. After class, she goes straight back to the hospital and leaves Jeongyeon with Mina.

She takes the bus going to school and coming back to the hospital. Nayeon wouldn't admit it but she knew deep inside she needs someone, someone who's just gonna be there for her, she knew she doesn't need any words, she just needs someone's presence. She was hoping it could be Yoo Jeongyeon but she didn't want her to be dragged into this. 

That's why when Jeongyeon agreed not to drive her, she was glad but at the same time, she was wishing the taller girl's stubbornness would prevail.

-

The last thing Nayeon heard before leaving for school was her mom can go home today. Her parents looked at her, smiled warmly, and thanked her for the sacrifices she made. She didn't know what's going inside her, she was happy but there's this weird feeling in her. She bid her goodbyes and see you later and head off the bus stop.

Today Nayeon would be coming back to there home.

The moment she got out she noticed the pile of snow in the side of the road, it was still pouring down and since she's been out of her senses, she didn't realize she was wearing a light jacket for this kind of weather. She didn't even have her scarf with her. She suddenly stop on her track, stood in the front of the hospital, and looked up in the sky.

Now that everything was okay and almost back to normal, she understands this shitty feeling that was brewing inside her a while ago

Now that everything was okay and almost back to normal, she understands this shitty feeling that was brewing inside her a while ago. It was the feeling of being scared, she was scared of losing her mom, the anxiety that she felt and the sadness she tried hard to hide. It was all of this who had her heart bursting. It was something she wants to let go since the first day, she wanted to cry but she couldn't let anyone saw her like that, thus she started pretending she was okay.

-

It was freezing, but Nayeon couldn't feel anything, her body grew numb. All she can do was watch this white smoke that was coming from her heavy breathing. Until she heard a voice with a familiar warmth, one that was comforting and one that she's been longing for.

"Don't get yourself sick."

She knew it was Yoo Jeongyeon even without looking back at her. Her heart knows who this voice belongs to.