CHAPTER 16

"I would have asked for your number, and I wouldn't have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, 'Hey, how about – oh, how about some coffee or, you know, drinks or dinner or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?' "

-JOE FOX IN YOU'VE GOT MAIL

JEONGYEON'S POV

I asked Nayeon to have some rest today since we just finished exam but the truth was I wanted to have some time alone with her, without giving a care about anything else. 

Just me and her in our own world.

So I took her to the rooftop, this place is special to me. I used to stay here even before we started coming in together, this place has been my solace for the past three years. 

The first month that I've known her, I usually watch her from here. I was still trying to figure a way to ask her if I could drive her to school at that time.

If you stand in the right place, you'll see her coming in through that gate. She greets everyone with her gummy smile, a wide one that shows her bunny teeth, and unlike me who loves to sleep in, she loves morning. 

She's a morning person.

She usually carries her books on her right arm and on the left, she always has her lunch bag

She usually carries her books on her right arm and on the left, she always has her lunch bag. She always stops by the old lady who cleans the pathway every morning, to say Hi, and to remind the ajhumma not to work her self too much, she still does, even now.

She's the epitome of warmth and kindness.

NY : "You know we're not supposed to be hanging in the rooftop on exam days."

JY : "Duh? Exams are over plus no one's here anymore, everyone left." I said as I took a sit on the empty bench facing the school's field. 

JY : "Sit here with me."

NY : "Aish arraso."

The vast sky and the perfect person next to me.

This will be the closest I'll ever get to heaven.

-

I had to keep my eyes close, I wanted to look at her more but it would probably be too obvious, and keeping my eyes closed was helping me calm my heart.

Her voice was enough, even with my eyes closed I could picture her beautiful face.

JY : "What do you plan after high school?" I said as I looked at her.

We continue to have this talk, she would definitely be a great doctor or an engineer perhaps but I guess she had set her plans a long time ago.

NY : "It didn't even cross my mind. Film making has been a dream of me since I was little and how about you?"