Chapter 55

(a/n: so as I've said a couple times, this act might be a little different than the previous ones. I have a feeling that it's going to be more like blurbs/one shots than a cohesive timeline because I'm gonna be jumping to different points in their lives. But it's hard to tell until I actually start writing. So my best advice for not getting confused is just pay attention to the premise-- similar to the one shots in Act 2. This is so long, I'm so sorry. But I hope you love what I have in store for you as much as I do. Oh also I don't write smut, oops. But sex will obviously start getting mentioned now that they're all older and in general it feels pretty natural for them to tease each other about it, you feel me?)

Premise: Graduation Festivities (approximately 9 months from where we left off)

Song: Everybody Talks by Neon Trees

"JJ, I swear to god if you don't meet me out here in 5 minutes with your cap and gown on, there will be no post-graduation sex" Lydia yelled through the closed door to the guest bedroom in the Chateau. Only a groan and some mumbles were returned from the boy in the bedroom.

The 4 Kildare High graduates had gotten permission to stay at the chateau the night before and get ready together in the morning. Kie and Sarah had graduated last week from the Kook academy, so much like their friends did for them, they also slept over and were helping out wherever they could. And Lydia was so thankful for the girls. There was a 0% chance of her being able to get the 3 boys and herself ready, and on time, alone.

"Definitely did not need to hear about your bedroom plans" John B groaned, letting Sarah tie his tie

Unlike JJ, both John B and Pope had managed to keep themselves on time, without much help from Kie and Sarah. They were currently waiting for JJ to get his life together so they could take pictures and hurry over to the highschool. Lydia was regretting her choice not to wake JJ up two hours earlier than the others. But if she was being honest, it wouldn't be the pogues if they weren't scrambling for one reason or another.

After waiting about 3 minutes, Lydia ushered everyone outside, reminding JJ he had two minutes before joining her friends on the porch. As Lydia paced the porch nervously, the two couples chatted amongst themselves, seemingly not noticing the distressed look on her face. She finally stopped pacing when she heard the screen door creak open.

"And with one minute to spare" JJ smirked, bowing like he had a cheering audience in front of him

"Come here" Lydia closed the space between them, her hands immediately fixing the horribly knotted tie around his neck

JJ watched his girlfriend's concentrated face, realizing there was more than normal nerves displayed through her eyes. When she had finished fixing the tie, he brought a hand up to her cheek, letting his thumb gently slide back and forth. Lydia leaned into his touch

"Hey, today's a good day. No worrying allowed, missy" JJ finally spoke

Lydia smiled before checking her phone, realizing the time, "Alright, pictures have to happen after. Get in the van"

JJ chuckled at how much Lydia sounded like a soccer mom wrangling 4 crazy kids

When they finally pulled up to the school, Sarah and Kie went to find their seats with Pope's parents and the soon-to-be graduates found their places within the rows of kids. Due to their last names, John B and Lydia were next to each other, while Pope and JJ were in two completely different spots.

"Where does the time go?" Lydia mumbled as they sat down and all the long speeches started

"Oh don't even get me started. It feels like yesterday we were at that half built house in Figure 8, right before Agatha came in" John B confessed

"At least we always stuck to doing things our way" Lydia smiled

"Pogue style" They said together, before giggling about their psychic abilities. They were rudely shushed by some elderly lady but that only made them laugh harder.

With each of their friends' names called, beginning with Pope, the pogues had made it their mission to be the loudest, most obnoxious, cheer-er's that they could possibly be for each other.

With Lydia being the last of the 4 to walk across the stage, JJ of course needed to be even more extra than they had already been for all their other friends. From out of nowhere he whipped out a huge poster with "CONGRATS LYDIA" on it, yelling like an idiot "THAT'S MY BABY. WHOO, GO LYDS". She literally had to cover her mouth to stop from bursting out laughing while trying to get her diploma.

When they had finally finished with all the formalities, pictures, dinner, family time, etc., they were released by the adults to go do what they really wanted to do-- throw a good old fashioned kegger.

The pogues had swung by the chateau, changing into much comfier outfits and grabbing the keg and supplies. They had a few sleeves of cups but definitely needed more. Lydia and JJ had slyly volunteered to be the ones to go get more cups, promising to meet their friends 20 minutes later down at the boneyard.

And sure enough, 20 minutes later, after the promised quickie, and a trip to the store, the couple came waltzing down the beach towards their friends. Lydia had already told JJ that he was on babysitting duty tonight as payback for the years of babysitting drunk JJ that Lydia had to do. And to both of their surprises, JJ didn't object. He knew that Lydia had been stressing about the future and he was just happy that she wanted to enjoy herself.

"Alright JB, fill one up" Lydia yelled over the music as they met the pogues by the keg.

He laughed but nevertheless filled up a cup for her. JJ also got the singular drink he would consume that evening, before being tugged away by Lydia.

Throughout the course of the night, Lydia had managed to dance with JJ, hang out with Kie and Sarah, consume an exorbitant amount of alcohol, and have a few hits of a blunt. This all occurred before the pogues had even left the boneyard, for their own post-graduation kickback. It was virtually tradition for the pogues to dip out of the keggers they threw around midnight, in order to hang out, just the 6 of them. Despite the amount of parties they threw, the pogues really preferred to be exclusively hanging out with their little group.

Somehow, and JJ really didn't know how it was possible, Lydia was still holding her own, walking (albeit stumbling) fairly well, and continuing her conversation with the girls as they migrated back to the chateau. They finally settled into their normal spots, JJ and Lydia sharing a ratty recliner they had found one day, Pope and Kie on the couch and Sarah and John B oddly opting for the floor.

It was honestly amazing the way the pogues could continue to carry on conversations with each other despite spending most of their time together. There was never any lapse of chatter or laughter. As the hours continued to pass, the alcohol Lydia had been consuming was finally catching up to her. She started by letting JJ finish her barely touched beer, then opting to lean on JJ desperately trying to keep herself awake. Eventually he noticed Lydia getting sluggish, pulling her into his lap to let her rest and offering to bring her to bed but she insisted she was good to stay up. Soon enough, JJ noticed her breathing even out, and the limpness of her body.

He quietly said goodnight to the pogues, carrying Lydia into their usual bedroom. He gently got her in bed, before grabbing a trash can and placing it next to her, as well as a bottle of water and some advil for when she inevitably wakes up with one of the worst hangovers ever. Then, JJ assumed his normal spot next to her in bed, allowing her to snuggle back into him. He'd never admit it if you asked him, but secretly these were some of his favorite moments.

a/n 

I think I covered most of it in the a/n at the top so if you haven't read that, go back and do that

anyways, as always, let me know what you think/want to see!

xo

Haley