31: All is Merry and Bright

Christmas day. Probably my most favourite time of the year. There was nothing like spending Christmas day with your nearest and dearest. I was so glad to be inside the warmth, my bright red Christmas jumper keeping me cosy from the cold blast of snow outside.

All members of the Agreste household were safely inside our house, away from the snow, happily chatting away as we stuffed ourselves with Christmas dinner. Who knew that we would end up getting to this point, with Liz and Jason and myself being able to spend Christmas together without being at each other's throats?

Luckily, everything was resolved between us, no more secrets or lies and we were finally able to be ourselves around each other. It was turning out to be a great day so far.

"You've really outdone yourself, Victoria. Everything is amazing" Natalie praised. 

"Oh, thanks Natalie. I love organising the Christmas dinner" my mom blushed.

"Well, in that case, you can host Christmas dinner every year" Gabriel, Jason's father, laughed.

We were all dressed in crazy Christmas jumpers. It had become a silly tradition and each year; we would try to outdo one another. Liz's jumper had a huge snowman at the front, the carrot sticking out of the jumper. But Jason's was even crazier, his red Santa Claus jumper lit up. I think he won best jumper this year.

By the time we had finished dinner, we were all stuffed. No one spoke as we all laid on the couch, nursing our now full stomachs. "That was amazing as usual, hun" my dad sighed, rubbing his belly.

"Don't forget that I've made cookies too" I said, to which I received groans in response. "Hey, there is always room for dessert"

"I really don't want to think about food right now" Liz groaned.

"I'm looking forward to tasting your world-famous cookies, although not right this second" Jason chuckled. "I do love your bakes. I hope you've made your cupcakes too" he said, kissing my cheek.

"Ewww, please stop. You're going to make me barf up my dinner" Liz moaned. Even though everything was back to normal between us, it did annoy Liz to no end when Jason would kiss me. "I'm never going to get used to that, am I?"

"Well you're going to have to get used to it" Jason laughed, kissing me once again, which got a giggle out of me. "Besides, do you think it's any easier for me to see you and Ian together. Now, that's strange"

"I think it's cute" I cooed. "They are so adorable together"

"Not as adorable as you, my love" Jason smiled.

"Eeuurghh, can't you move out already?" Liz moaned. "That way when I say, get a room, I mean you go to your own place"

"How about it, milady? Shall we find a place that we can call our own?" Jason smirked.

"Hey, I didn't mean move in with Rosie. You are not taking her away from me"

I could feel my face heat up.  Luckily, our parents were knocked out on the sofa, so I didn't have to face the embarrassment of talking about the subject of Jason and I. As happy as my parents were about Jason and me, I was still their only daughter, who they were super protective over.

I knew Jason was only joking, loving to rile up Liz, but I would like to think that someday we would end up moving in together. I could feel my own eyes drooping and eventually let my head fall onto Jason's shoulder.

"Is Ian coming over later?" I asked, my eyes starting to close.

"Yeah, he's with his family just now but he said he'll come over later" Liz said, a huge grin on her face.