5: About Last Night

Turns out, it was not a dream. And I did not wake up a happy girl. I groaned loudly as a burst of sunlight hit my eyes. "Ow, it burns"

"I think I would know if my best friend was a vampire" I could hear Liz's voice from somewhere in the room.

"As my best friend, you should know when your best friend is hungover" I said groggily, my throat feeling scratchy.

"Well, as you are in my room and you threw me off the bed last night, I think I reserve the right to wake you up whenever I want" Liz grinned.

"How are you so happy and cheery in the morning? You're so weird" I mumbled into the pillow.

"Come downstairs. I think Jason's making pancakes"

That got my attention. I grudgingly got out of bed with a yawn and a stretch. "Pancakes, you say?" a smile now on my face.

"I knew that would wake you up" Liz grinned triumphantly.

Liz made her way to the door, but I stopped her in her tracks. "Wait" I shouted. "I really meant it when I asked why you were so happy and cheery and full of life this morning. Shouldn't you be hungover too?"

Liz smiled and sighed dreamily as she sat at the end of the bed.

"I'm guessing it went well with Ian then?" I smirked; my interest piqued.

"More than well, it was amazing" Liz grinned. "He managed to get us into the VIP area upstairs, apparently he knows the owner, and we danced all night. It was just amazing. Being so close to him felt so great and wonderful and – "

"Amazing?" I finished for her.

"Yes" she sighed. "Thanks for distracting Jason for me so I could spend some time with Ian. Now I know for sure there's a spark between us. I think he might be the one Rosie"

"Ooohhhh" I squealed, causing a slight headache while I was still in my hungover state "I'm so happy for you Liz" I said as I reached over the bed to hug her. "Tell me, did he kiss you?" I asked with eyebrows raised. Liz's lips pursed slightly as her gaze wandered to the floor, her cheeks turning a deep shade of pink. I gasped "He did, didn't he? Liz, this is big. Tell me everything"

Liz's smile turned into a full blown out grin "Well- "

"Girls, breakfast is ready" Jason's voice shouted from downstairs.

At that moment my stomach growled. "I don't think you can tell that story on an empty stomach. First, we eat" I declared and jumped out of the bed, following the smell of delicious fresh pancakes.

"Mmmmm.... I love the smell of pancakes in the morning" I beamed as I grabbed a plate and added a pancake from the stack on the work top.

"Thought you'd like it" the chef smiled as he stood in front of the stove, making the last few pancakes.

"How come your up so early as well? Shouldn't you be nursing a hangover too?" I questioned, annoyed that he looked as fresh as a daisy.

"Trust me, I am" Jason winced.

I shook my head as Liz and I made our way into the living room. This family were weird, so dedicated to getting up early, even with hangovers.

"Your brother makes the best pancakes" I said with my mouth full of Jason's delicious pancakes.

"Well, he got the cooking gene whereas I got the good look genes" Liz grinned, digging into her pancake.

"Hey, that's not true" Jason chuckled as he sat down beside me on the sofa and laid his plate down on the table. "I got both the cooking skills and the good-look genes" Jason smirked at Liz.