3: The Click

I smirked as I brought my bag forward and rummaged though it in the hopes that I had in there what I thought I had. I let out an excited squeal as I picked out a permanent marker from the bottom of the bag.

"A marker" he asked curiously. I nodded. "Okay, first of all, why do you even have a permanent marker in your bag?"

I shrugged "I don't know. I think it must have been in there since Liz and I went to that One Direction concert for the sign that she made"

"Wasn't that a few years ago?" he exclaimed.

"I must have forgotten to take it back out" I defended "Well, it's come in handy now"

He just shook his head "Seriously, you and Liz could be sisters. The amount of rubbish you guys carry around in your bags is unbelievable"

"Hey, you never know when you'll end up needing some of these things. Like this permanent marker for instance"

"So, what are we going to do with it?" he enquired.

"How about we draw something on him? He's always walking around like he's God's gift. I think we should knock him down a peg or two"

Jason laughed "Brilliant. Okay, give me the pen"

I passed him the marker which he uncapped and stood in front of Ethan's sleeping body, blocking my view of what he was doing.

I could see Jason's arm moving wildly like he was painting a picture, doing who knows what to Ethan's face.

"Aha!" Jason exclaimed. "I present to you my finished masterpiece" he said with a flourish of his hands at Ethan's face as he moved to show me what he had done.

I placed my face in my hands and shook my head to muffle the loud bout of laughter that was threatening to make its way out of my throat.

"What do you think?" Jason asked with a cocky grin.

I had another look at Ethan's face and couldn't contain it any longer. I burst into a fit of raucous laughter, not caring who was watching me almost go insane with hilarity. 

"Ah, I can't believe you did that" I cried out with laughter. Jason had drawn a moustache on Ethan's face and added a monobrow to match. Oh, his beautiful face, destroyed by a permanent marker.

"You are a bad influence Ms Kassel" Jason laughed alongside me. "Okay, get ready to run after this" Jason said with a giddy smile on his face.

"After what?" I asked confused.

Jason leaned down towards Ethan's ear and screamed "Yo, Ethan!"

Ethan woke with a start and groaned while Jason scrambled from his sitting place on the sand and grabbed my hand in the process, running from Ethan.

My feet kicked the soft sand behind me as we ran to the other side of the beach. I let go of his hand and stopped to catch my breath "Man, I really need to train harder at the gym" I breathed out.

Jason stopped beside me and laughed breathlessly "Ethan's going to kill us once he finds out what we did"

"Erm...what's with the 'we?" I joked.

"Hey, it was your idea" he defended.

"And you were the one who actually drew on his face. It's all on you I'm afraid" I shrugged with a smirk playing on my lips.

"Is that so?" he said with a playful glint in his eye, as he moved slowly towards me.

I moved back cautiously with a giggle almost escaping me. Butterflies were erupting in my stomach with the way he looked at me, his eyebrow raised, his eyes piercing though mine, the smirk on his face, as if he was about to pounce on his prey.