1: Oreos

Summer. Summer was a time when you were supposed to relax, hit the beach, spend time with friends and family or maybe even go on a holiday. But not for this college graduate. This college graduate was going to spend her summer panicking about what her future was going to look like, which so far, looked bleak.

"Will you stop worrying Rosie?" My best friend Liz chided. "I'm not going to have you mope around all summer, being sour faced about what you're going to do next" she said as she continued to flip the switch on the television remote.

"But don't you think I should have some idea about what to do now that we've graduated. I mean- "

Liz put up her hand to stop me from speaking any more. "I don't want to hear it. We are going to enjoy our summer and can worry about our futures later" she said adamantly.

"But..."

"Nope" she cut me off. "Not another word".

"Fine" I huffed, looking outside her bedroom window where it looked so bright and perfect outside. The complete opposite of what my future looked like. "And how are we going to enjoy our summer if we're broke?" I asked smugly. "Now you can see why I'm worrying about getting a job. Having a job equals money. Money equals having fun in the summer".

"Yes, but if you're stuck in a job all day then we won't have a summer to enjoy" Liz pointed out; her eyes still glued to the screen trying to find something to watch.

I gritted my teeth. She had a good point. "So, what is your awesome summer plan then?" I asked. "Besides sending out resumes to every company possible begging for a job"

Liz rolled her eyes at that. "Don't be such a Debbie downer. Just trust me on this. You need to stop worrying all the time and just enjoy our summer before we get thrusted into the big bad adult world"

"Fine" I huffed once again "And will you finally figure out what we're going to watch" I moaned, tired of watching her channel surf.

"But there's nothing good on" she whined. I sighed and grabbed the remote from her hand. "Hey" she grumbled.

"Why don't we just stick on a movie. We haven't had a movie night in ages" I suggested.

"But it's not night"

I shrugged. "I miss our movie nights where we would get together and just watch random movies and snuggle up on the bed with our warm blankets and stuff our faces with popcorn until one of us fell asleep"

"It's usually you that falls asleep first" Liz smirked.

"It is not" I scoffed. "Anyway, you pick the movie and I'll grab the popcorn. Do you have some?"

"Yeah, there should be a packet in the kitchen" Liz replied as she moved off the bed to find a movie from her DVD collection.

"Okay, will be right back" I said as I went to head downstairs towards the kitchen.

As soon as I was in the kitchen, I raided her food cupboard in search for the popcorn. I was so focused on getting the popcorn, that I was momentarily startled when I almost bumped into a figure behind me.

"Oh" I cried out as I collided with the figure.

"Wow. Sorry Rosie. Didn't see you there" Jason apologised.

"No, it's okay" I chuckled. "I wasn't looking where I was going"

"Are you alright?" he asked. I smiled up at him. His eyebrows were knotted together in concern. It was sweet.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. It was my fault. I was totally focused on getting food that I didn't see you"

He chuckled and rolled his eyes. His eyes were the same colour as Liz's, both had the same deep green eyes, and both shared the same long nose. That was where the similarities ended. Liz's hair was dark brown from her Mom's side, whereas Jason had blonde hair and was the spitting image of his dad. He was tall, broad shouldered and was just like a younger version of his father.