2: Lets Go to the Beach

We had told Jason that we would meet him at the beach. We had taken ages deciding what bikini Liz should wear, as she had way too many to choose from, and, she was hoping to impress a certain someone.

She was deciding whether she should go for something daring, like her plunging one-piece swimsuit which showed off enough cleavage, or just go for something simple, like her red polka dot bikini. In the end, she opted for the safer option, the polka dot bikini, saying that it would 'show off her abs'.

We then had to go over to my house, which was conveniently five minutes away, where I spent much less time than Liz picking out my outfit. I decided to go for my plain blue bikini and put my t-shirt on top paired with my shorts. We were finally ready to hit the beach.

Liz drove, both our sunglasses on, ready to enjoy the summer weather. We were lucky that our closest beach was only twenty minutes away.

The scorching heat greeted us as we got out of the car. "I haven't had a nice relaxing day like this in ages" I said as a smile broke out on my face, "I don't think I remember the last time I went to the beach"

"I think it might have been a couple of summers ago when we all got together with the girls in our class after our exam was over"

"Oh yeah" I smiled, as the memory came back to me. "That was fun"

"Yeah, I'm really going to miss those college days" Liz sighed.

"Me too. Although, I won't miss all the stress of the exams. I'm glad that part of my life is over".

Liz chuckled "Me too. I won't have to try and calm you down every time you panicked over your exams"

"Hey, I wasn't that bad. I may have stressed just a little" I said with my head high.

"Yeah, sure" Liz rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Anyway, I'm going to enjoy today. No worrying about the future. I'm going to focus on the now" I said with conviction.

"Finally, that's what I've been trying to tell you all this time. You need to relax more. Doesn't it feel great?" Liz grinned as she linked her arm with mine as we made our way down to the beach. "Let's get ready to have some fun".

We had taken our sandals off once we had reached the actual beach, my feet warming up against the sand. Not that they needed warming up on this particularly hot day. With our sandals in our hands, we had finally spotted Jason and his friends sitting up on their beach towels. I gave a little wave as we approached them.

Ian, who was sitting beside Jason, had leaned forward and waved back, a smile as warm as the sun glowed on his face. Liz stumbled and halted in her tracks. I, for some reason, wasn't looking where I was going, and bumped straight into Liz's back. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground with sand in my mouth, with both Liz and I having made a spectacle of ourselves.

I got up of the ground with a groan and wiped the sand off my face. "Liz!" I growled, spitting the sand out of my mouth. The sound of raucous laughter rung in my ears. Jason had his hand on his stomach, laughing, what looked like, his ass off.

Ian had gotten up from his seating position and ran over to where we were. "Hey, you guys okay?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Yeah, thanks Ian" I breathed out. But his attention was on Liz, his hand on her shoulder. Liz was looking at him, wide eyed, as if she had never seen him before.

"Liz" he prompted when she didn't respond, his voice growing more worried.

"Huh" she blinked and was soon brought back to this world "Oh yeah, I'm fine" she responded as Ian held her hand to help her get back up.