Bonus Chapter: Jason POV - Edinburgh

Hello everyone. Thank you all who have read the book so far. I'm so surprised at all the reads. It even shot to 1k in a week, so I thank you for that. (I will go back and fix the little mistakes I have found while reading some parts of this, but I hope it hasn't deterred from your reading experience).

I come to you with a bonus chapter (cue the applause and screams). A bonus chapter in Jason's point of view. I had this on my laptop for ages and I forgot I had it (oops!). I was meant to post this ages ago but here we are, better late than never.

I hope you enjoy this little snippet in Jason's view. I had so much writing this and getting into the mind of Jason and how he felt about everything. It was just too cute.

I hope you all enjoy x

Jason's POV – Edinburgh

It had been some time since I'd spoken to Rosie. The last time I had any sort of conversation with her was the night at the club with Max. There was something about Max that would just make my teeth grate. I didn't think he was right for Rosie. I knew they had dated during their time at college but now he wanted to get back together with her? There was a reason they had broken up in the first place, and I didn't know what made Rosie say yes to going out with him again.

So, to say that night at the club was a little awkward would be an understatement. I was glad Aliya came when she did as I didn't know what I would have said or done to Max at that moment. I don't know why I acted the way I did that night. I just wanted to see Rosie happy and I knew she wouldn't with Max. She deserved better.

I'd known Rosie since forever. She was friends with Liz and was a big part of my life. I had gotten used to seeing her around my house, like she was a part of the family. Now she was working, I would see less of her at home. At first, Liz would mope around whenever Rosie wasn't coming around, it was a huge change for all of us.

I suppose Liz's work kept her distracted enough to not notice the change in our household. She seemed to make new friends from her workplace and would hang out with them instead. Rosie would still pop over most weekends and her laughter filled the house once again, like she had been there the whole time.

It wasn't until after the whole club incident, after she had noticeably been spending more time with Max, that a shift could be felt. The house felt strange without Rosie's presence around. It was then, that I realised how much I took her for granted. I was so used to her being around, that when she wasn't here, I actually missed her. It didn't seem to affect Liz as much as I thought it would. She seemed to be distracted on her phone most of the time and had her outings with her work friends to keep her occupied.

I knew the way I had acted at the club was out of line, but I didn't know what to say. I hadn't seen Rosie at lunch during work all week, so I couldn't even apologise. And when I did see her, I didn't know what to say, so I stayed quiet.

I then found out that she was going on the Edinburgh trip and I knew then that was my opportunity to say sorry. And to offload a lot of other thoughts that were swirling through my mind.

Seeing her smile and laugh with Daniel on the plane made me realise how much I had missed her. No matter how much I practiced an apology in my head, it didn't sound right. I just hoped that she would forgive me, and I would have the chance to speak to her again.

All thoughts of Rosie were momentarily paused as I took in the sights of Edinburgh. It was magnificent. The grey clouds poured with rain, making the pavements glitter. In the distance, the castle could be seen, foreboding against the dark clouds.