12: The Kiss Cam

I had been a fully working adult for over a month now and it was great. I was getting used to the early mornings and the commute. Sometimes I would even carpool with Jason.

Speaking of Jason, everything seemed to be great between us. Well, at work anyway. We would have lunch together, sometimes with other colleagues and sometimes at the cafe down the road. It was great spending this time with Jason, getting to know him more.

Even though I'd known him for years, I was still learning a lot about him. Like, how he had once considered opening his own business, but figured it was too much work, so decided against it pretty quickly. Or the fact that he was a secret chocoholic. He had a stash of chocolate hidden in his room to keep away from Liz. The temptation to tell Liz this was strong, but Jason promised me he wouldn't share any of it with me if I blabbed. Being the chocoholic I was, I obliged.

Work life was great, but it was a completely different matter at home. Whenever I would go to Liz's house, which was often, Jason would, for some reason, ignore us or rather me. It was ever since I had started hanging around Max that Jason never really spoke to me as much as he normally would. Maybe he didn't want to hear all our girl talk.

Things with Max and I were going well. We hadn't put a label on our relationship status yet, so I think we were just friends for now. And to be honest, I was glad for that. I still needed time to think about what I wanted to do; relationship wise. I still wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go in with Max. He was a great guy but a voice in my head kept telling me there was a reason it didn't work out the first time around.

Liz and Ian were still going strong. Their excuses were improving, and they were getting better at the sneaking around thing. Liz still felt guilty but really wanted to see how far their relationship would go before telling Jason.

It was lunchtime at work, which was slowly becoming my favourite part of the day, not just because of the eating part but also because I got to hang out with Jason. Today we decided to go to the cafe for our lunch.

"I'm just about to take my lunch" I said to Daniel beside me. "Is there anything that needs to be done before then?"

Daniel was too engrossed on his computer to hear me. "This sucks" he sighed.

"What does?"

"Oh, sorry Rosie. Did you see who won the raffle?"

I shook my head "No, I didn't"

"We just got the email through announcing the winner 'we are delighted to announce the winner of the raffle to win front row seats at a basketball game of their choosing" he read off. 'Jason Agreste"

"That's great" I smiled "I didn't enter the raffle; I never win anything"

"It's not great. I really wanted to win those tickets" Daniel groaned. "I was going to take my girlfriend to her first game"

"Aww, that's sweet" I cooed "Now you're just going to have to actually pay for them like a good boyfriend should do" I laughed.

Daniel just glared at me "Aren't you supposed to be going for lunch now?"

I laughed, raising my hands in defence "I'm going I'm going" and made my way outside to meet Jason.

I smiled as I saw Jason already standing outside waiting for me. "Hey you" he smiled.

"Hey Mr winner" I grinned back.

"Ah, I guess you heard about that" he chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

I laughed as we started to make our way to the cafe down the road. "Yeah, the email just got sent before lunch"

"Well right now, I'm hungry. We can discuss more about it once I've had some food in my stomach"