27: Fight for this Love

These last few days had been such a blur. I had spent most of my time trying to get into contact with Jason and Liz, but neither would respond back. I eventually gave up and had been sulking at home the rest of the time. I felt like this situation was all my fault and I didn't know what to do to make this better.

As I slumped on the sofa in the living room, my dad came in and sat down beside me, placing his tea down on the table. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"What's there to talk about?" I shrugged "Liz won't speak to me and Jason won't either. I have no one to speak to"

"I'm here. You know I'm always here". After the party, I explained everything to my dad. I told him about my feelings for Jason and why I wanted to initially keep it a secret from everyone. He understood but felt hurt that I didn't tell him in the first place. I just wanted to make sure that we would go all the way before telling anyone.

"I just don't know what to do. All I know is that I want to make things better"

"You just need to give them both time and space"

"Its been three days. I think that should be enough time, don't you think?" I groaned, getting frustrated.

"Have you even gone up to their house to apologise?"

"I think I'm the last person they want to see right now. Besides, I don't think Liz is even staying at home right now. I'd feel so bad if I was the one responsible for breaking up Jason and Liz's relationship"

"They are both very close. I don't think anything could break those two apart" my dad reassured me. "If they aren't answering your calls or responding back to your messages, then I think you should go up and see them. Or at least Jason if he is the only one at home. It's better than sitting around here moping all day"

"But what if they turn me away? What if they don't want to hear what I have to say?"

"But what if they let you in? What if Jason really misses the sound of your voice and appreciates you being there for him?" my dad chuckled.

"I hate when you get all wise on me" I mumbled.

"With age, comes wisdom and I know for a fact that Jason would not turn you away. I think what he needs now more than ever is a friend to hear his side of things"

"I'm sure he has Ethan to talk to, there pretty close"

"But not as close as you two. You've been friends since childhood. I'm sure there's things about Jason that even Ethan doesn't know. That's the responsibility of having friends for that long. Its natural to have your fights. I can even remember the times you used to fight as kids, shouting at each other when you would accuse one another of cheating at Monopoly. You guys wouldn't speak for a day or so and then you would go back to being best friends" my dad laughed.

I chuckled, remembering those little memories. "But this isn't like that. This is something much bigger. Why did no one tell me being an adult would be this hard" I groaned.

My father laughed "You guys have always been close. We used to call you the three musketeers. Sooner or later, you'll make up again. That's just the way its always been with you guys"

I hoped my dad was right. I hoped Jason and Liz could forgive me and everything could go back to the way it was. I needed a plan of action, the right words to say. Right now, my mind was drawing a blank, and I told my dad as such.

"The right words will come to you once you're there, I promise" he smiled, making me believe him.

"So, what do you really think of Jason?" I asked, hoping to find out what he really thought. When we had our conversation after the party, he said he was happy that I was happy, but I couldn't tell from his face was he really thought. Now he seemed to be in a better mood, so was better to gauge his reaction.