26: Secrets and Regrets

I shot down the stairs after Liz, hoping I could explain everything to her. "Liz, please wait"

She stopped at the end of the stairs, her eyes zoning in on me with unshed tears "What exactly are you going to explain to me?" she shouted. "I've already seen everything with my own eyes"

"What's going on here?" my dad asked, coming into the hallway.

Jason came down and stood behind me, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Does your dad even know?" Liz scoffed.

"Know what?" my dad asked, confused at the situation.

"Liz please, can we go back upstairs and talk about this" I pleaded.

"Of course, you haven't told him" Liz sneered and turned to face my father "Did you know that Rosie and Jason are together?"

"Is this true?" my father asked, looking at both Jason and me.

Before I could explain anything to my dad, Jason cut in "Its true sir. I'm in love with your daughter. We were just waiting on the right time on telling everyone"

"Love?" Liz shouted; her eyes wide. "How long has this been going on for?"

"Liz, just give me a chance to explain. I never wanted you to find out like this. We were going to tell you, I promise" I said, my voice wavering.

My mother walked in at that moment, joined by Max, her eyebrows furrowed in concern "Is everything okay?"

"No, no its not" Liz screeched. "Rosie and Jason are dating and thought it would be a good idea to keep it a secret"

"It wasn't like that" I tried to explain "We were- "

"I knew it" Max smirked, "I knew something was going on between you two"

"Please Max, this is not the right time" I groaned, frustrated.

"This was exactly why I wasn't happy with you going away on your trip with Jason. You kept saying how there was nothing going on between you two, but I could tell from a mile off"

"What? You broke up with Max because of Jason?" Liz shook her head.

"No... well... not exactly... it wasn't like that...please let's just get away from here and let me explain everything" I pleaded.

"No amount of explaining will make up for how hurt I feel right now" Tears fell down her face as she wiped away at them furiously.

The last thing I wanted to do was to hurt Liz. She wasn't supposed to find out this way. I could see how this would hurt her, but I just hoped that I would get the chance to explain everything.

"Please Liz, just hear us out" Jason begged.

Liz just shook her head at Jason "How could you Jason? I thought we told each other everything. What hurts the most is that you, of all people, kept this a secret from me"

At this point, Ian had walked in, seeing everyone at  . "Are you okay Liz?" he asked, seeing Liz face splotched with  .

"Don't put the blame on Jason" I pleaded.

"Of course," Liz scoffed "I can just imagine it was all you that wanted to keep this a secret right? Just like you asked me to keep the secret of me and-" she paused, realising what she was about to say.

"What secret?" Jason asked.

"Oh, nothing" Liz looked to the floor, her voice now quiet.

"Nothing?" I scoffed. "Now that it's time to tell your secret, you go all quiet?" I shouted back.