21: Ninety Five Percent

All week, Liz had been messaging me, asking how I was and wanting to catch up with me to find out all about the trip. I would always find some sort of excuse not to meet up with her. As well as heading straight back to work, I was still tired and jetlagged, and my body was still getting used to the time difference. I had no energy to go see Liz and she understood that. But mainly, I was trying to avoid Jason.

It wasn't that I didn't want to see him, it was the opposite rather. I was desperate to see him. My biggest fear was Liz finding out and how to keep my emotions in check around her. I wasn't one to easily hide my feelings and Liz would know something was wrong in a heartbeat.

I knew I would have to bite the bullet at some point and the perfect opportunity presented itself not long after. The weekend rolled along, and Liz had another date with Ian. Jason was out of the house, so this was the ideal chance to catch up with Liz without being flustered around Jason.

"How was your week with Ian?" I asked once I had showed her some of the photos of the Scotland trip and caught her up with everything we did and saw, minus the falling for her brother part.

"Rosie, I can't even begin to explain to you" she sighed, flopping on the bed with a huge grin "Having a week without worrying about Jason was so freeing. I had the most perfect week. We stayed up late talking and we went out so much that it felt like second nature. I even stayed over at his place one night" At this I raised my eyebrow, wanting to know more details. "That's a story for another time. I'll tell it to you whenever I'm not running late for a date" she waved off.

"Wow, it sounds like you've had just an amazing a week as I had"

"But I wish I was in Scotland with you. It sounds amazing"

"We should totally go one day. I know you would love it"

"For sure. And who knows, maybe by then, Jason will know about Ian and I and we could all go together"

My heartbeat fast, wondering if she knew something. I'm sure Jason wouldn't have mentioned anything just yet. "I'm sure you wouldn't want Jason and I tagging along on a romantic trip" I brushed off. "Have you thought about telling Jason yet?"

Liz sat upright on the bed and gave a small smile "I think I'm ready to tell him. That's why I'm meeting up with Ian today. We're going to discuss the best way to approach this"

I smiled, so happy for my friend and hugged her "I'm sure Jason will understand. He's really not such a bad guy"

"I guess you should know since you've been hanging out with my brother for a whole week" she laughed. My face heated up, Liz not realising how close to the truth she really .

"Where is it that you're going today anyway?" I asked, trying to divert the conversation away from Jason.

"Just on a dinner date. I figured that would be the best way to have a talk about Jason and how to move forward with it"

"Everything's going to be fine. How does Ian feel about it?"

"He also hates keeping this from his best friend, so he's ready to tell him too" Liz pursed her lips, glancing my way briefly before looking to the ground.

"Is everything okay?"

"There's something else I didn't tell you about last week" she said, a smile slowly spreading across her face.

"Liz, you know you are contractually obliged to tell me everything" I raised an eyebrow.

Liz rolled her eyes and smiled even wider "I told him I loved him"

"What!" I squealed out "and you waited until now to tell me this" I screeched, grabbing the nearest cushion from her bed and throwing it at her. "This is very vital information to tell your best friend"