Chapter 17.

*Unedited*

*6 months later*

Life has become a great mess in these six months. I don't even know how I survived. After what happened yesterday, I have decided to remain single. Just kidding, but I hate all this.

I looked in the mirror and found a different girl, not me. This girl has bags of dark circles under her eyes, the face seemed to be dull, a different and weird version of Aimen. I splashed water on my face and shivered at the sudden cold touch.

"Didi (elder sister) come out" yelled Sarim smashing the bathroom door."This is the reason why I don't share the room with you"

"Have patience, my little bro" I said. I know this will upset him even more.

"I'm gonna break the door".

I gave a fake laugh "Go for it". I started brushing my teeth.

"Please come out it's 8.30" he pleaded.

"What" I hurried with everything. I never take too long. I opened the door and Sarim ran past me. I wear the first dress which came to my hand, tied my hair in a bun, and wrapped a hijab over it. I removed the phone from the charger and it showed the time as 8.10, so he fooled me. I hit the bathroom door and screamed "You gonna pay for it".

"Eagerly waiting" Sarim replied.

Aisha was having breakfast, I joined her. "I thought you would take a day off from college after yesterday's incident,"

"You were wrong" I replied munching on my sandwich. You know what's the best thing that happened to me in these six months, Aisha was not here. It's not that I hate her, it's just I hate her taunts. Also, her pregnancy was not helping much with the snarky mood.

********

The third year of college. The best of it is Mr. Rehan Asad is not here. Thanks to Allah, he completed his engineering. Tolerating him was like 'argh'.

"What happened?" asked Safa. We are in the library breaking our heads in fat books because our semester starts within a week. "Nothing" I shook my head.

"The worst part of college is exams still I love them," Safa said.

"Another worst part is the library becomes crowded," said Maryam joining us. We smiled agreeing at her comment.

"My family has become like yours Aimen" Maryam spoke closing her book, and giving her attention to us.

"Why?" I asked.

"I got a marriage proposal" That's not new for me. This is what I kept ignoring these days but for Maryam, it's the first.

"Who?" Safa & I asked in unison.

"I don't know, but dad said he studied in this college"

"What's your answer?" Safa asked.

"I just got the proposal, my family is still collecting information about them. I want my future husband to be handsome whoever it might be" She said the last part with a wink. Typical Maryam. Her smile made me feel like she is so going to get married.

The rest of the day went as usual preparing for exams, etc.

********

"Aimen there's a proposal for you. The guy's family is perfect and....." ammi spoke while we were having dinner.

"Ammi you know my answer"

"Hear my answer too. I'm in no way listening to you and not going to let things like yesterday happen again" she replied.

"So you want me to marry Imran," I said in a bit loud voice and regretted it the next minute.

"I never mentioned his name". She replied.

"So who is this guy?" I asked sarcastically.

"You can meet him by the end of this week at the engagement party." She answered.

"What engagement?"

"Yes. They want engagement directly without any other formalities and I agreed because the family is perfect" She said happily.

"Do I have a say in this?" My mom reciprocated it with silence.

I had a lot to ask. A lot to argue about. I know that if I don't shut my mouth now I would certainly regret it later. I will not hurt ammi and also I don't want to spoil her happiness, which lightened her face after a long time. So I went to my room without saying anything after washing my plate.

I did wudhu and took out the Quran to read. It's the only thing that could bring peace to my mind. "Aimen" came Aisha's voice.

"Door is open," I said. She came and sat next to me.

"I know it is troubling you, but trust me this family is the best, and look at ammi, she is so happy"

"Hmm...." She was right about ammi, her eyes lit up on mentioning them. "This is the first time you said something that is 100% correct," I said with a chuckle.

"Very funny," she said with a frown. "Urgh" she groaned placing a hand on her stomach.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Baby kicked"

"Aww...this kid supports aunt. Two more months you will be out playing with your aunt."

"Talk to ammi tomorrow. Lay out your concerns. She will understand and I hope you will understand us too" I nodded in response.

"All we want is best for you Aimen"

"I know" I replied with a smile. She patted my hand with a reassuring smile and left.

Seeing ammi and Aisha, I could tell that things are already final and there was no going back. All my efforts will go in vain. If the matters have gone to the level of engagement, then it means they will be really good. Aisha's words gave me true comfort which brought out a sense of satisfaction that I never had with any proposals before.

I took a deep breath "I guess I'm going to get engaged".

----------------------------

So how's the chapter? Liked it then plz vote & comment.

What happened after Rehan proposed to Aimen? What happened in 6 months? Who is she going to get engaged with? These questions will be in your mind, try to find the answer to them.

Most important: I won't be able to update for a few days, sorry for it. Something unwanted has happened which makes it hard to do so. I will update when I find the time.

As for my other story "A marriage of thorns" I will update it within three days. Till then bye!

:)