Chapter 25.

*Unedited *

"Assalamualaikum!" I greeted.

"Walaikumassalam!" Ammi and Aisha replied in unison.

Ammi was holding the baby whilst Aisha was drinking something. Rehan greeted them and went outside with Jiju.

"Aww...he is cute Masha Allah!" I praised the baby. He was so small and had Aisha's eyes. He was sleeping peacefully in Ammi's lap.

"How are you?" I asked Aisha.

"Alhamdulilah! I'm fine" she replied. "What took you so long to come here?"

"Traffic!" I took the baby carefully in my arms. "Careful!" Ammi said passing him to me. Holding newborn babies sometimes scares me. They are so small.

"Where's Sarim?" I asked without taking my eye off the baby.

"I left him with Nikhat. He has exams. He was forcing me to take him along with us to escape from exams but I left him" Ammi said. Sarim will never learn. Thanks to Allah, we have Nikhat aunty.

"So what have you guys named him?" I asked.

"Hammad" Aisha smiled.

"Nice. So my nephew is Hammad! Be good to your aunt!" I kissed his small fingers. It feels good to see a child like that, sleeping peacefully without any worries about the world.

"So where's your honeymoon destination?" Aisha broke the silence.

"Australia!" I smiled. I always wished to go there. "We are leaving tomorrow"

"Wow!" She smirked. This smirk is evil. She is going to say something just to tease me "When will I play with your kids?" She asked. Here she goes.

"First handle your own" I gave Hammad to her.

"Show him to Rehan," Ammi said.

"Yeah!" I took Hammad carefully in my arms. I found Rehan standing outside the room alone and leaning against the wall with the phone in his hands.

"Where's Jiju?" I asked.

Rehan's POV

She was holding an infant in her hand. She gave me a confused look. "Where's Jiju?" She asked.

"Gone to pick up his family," I said.

She came to me and said "Aisha's child" I gave her a weak smile. She was extremely happy but not me.

How can I forget about that fight? Every moment I look at her, her words come to my mind. She said she hates me. Why? No reason. She was willing to end this marriage, why? No reason. How can I forget that my heart was stabbed by the same girl whom I loved?

Now she wants to give this marriage a chance. She has even started behaving normally as if nothing had happened. But I can't be like her. I can't be normal again.

She was smiling looking at the child. I instantly felt jealous. She never smiles at me like that. I love her so much but I can't force her to love me back.

"Do you want to hold him?" She asked.

"No. I can't hold him properly. So no!" Really I'm afraid. What if he started crying? The sound of their cries is just annoying.

She let a small chuckle "Okay!" Augh! I can't stop myself from falling for her.

"What's his name?" I asked lightly caressing the head of the baby.

"Hammad," She said. It was the perfect moment. We both stood close to each other and she held a child in her hand. She looked up and our eyes locked. I was caught hold in her pure hazel brown eyes. It was like we both were in our world and that's when someone interrupted.