Chapter 34

*Unedited *

"Are sure you about this?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I tossed our clothes in a bag.

"Sorry. I didn't know about it. We can always cancel if you don't want"

"Rehan! It is fine" I went to him and took his hands in mine "I need this" I winked at him.

His face relaxed but he surprised me by pulling me by my waist "Someone seems excited?"

"Should I not?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You should" he smiled and gave me a short peck on my nose. His thumb caressed my cheek. He had this expression and I know where it leads.

I push him away "I need to pack. Go!" I whispered.

"I am hurt" he dramatically placed his hand on his heart. Rolling my eyes, I went back towards the closet.

We are going to Paris tomorrow. Rehan had been planning for a long time but something came up every time. Today, when I came back from Safa's engagement, Rehan surprised me with the tickets.

Of course, I'm happy, but tomorrow is the day when my dad died. It's the day that saddens me the most. It's the day that took away my most important possession from me. I was a disaster from then, not giving too much value to life. I was hard on myself. Handling Imran without a dad was too much for me. I struggled to be me. I struggled a lot to keep up my dream, to fulfill my dad's dream of becoming an engineer. Ammi, Aisha, and everyone did everything to stop me from college. It's all because of Imran. It's all because I lost my abbu, who had protected me from that devil. It was all this until Rehan came into my life.

Rehan brought a light. He protected me, he had been with me, and he let me pursue my dream without any hindrance. And this is the least I could do for him. If he had not asked me for Paris, I would have been sullen all day. Yeah! There will be sadness of losing dad, but it can't make me steal Rehan's happiness. Also, how can I miss Paris?

"Aimen, I'm sleepy" he whined hugging me from the back.

"What should I do? Tuck you in bed?"

"That would be wonderful, love" he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down me.

I turned to face him "Go to sleep, dear husband. I have a lot to do. Now, I need to call Aisha. Ammi said Hammad is not well" I patted his cheek. "Good night!"

He brought me close to him. I tried to wriggle out but he tightened his hold.

"I am all yours from tomorrow, remember?" I said controlling myself not to blush.

His smirk grew bigger and mischievous. "In that case, I will" he let me go after kissing my cheek.

I then talked with Aisha. She is stressing a lot about Hammad's health when all he has is just a fever. My sister is among those people who would cry when they see others cry. Just think what his crying son with fever would have made her.

It's been a long time since we had a proper talk. I find time to talk with Ammi but not with Aisha. Since we catch up after a long time, we had all those crazy sisterly chats. She teased me a lot when I said about our Paris trip. I don't know why.

Bidding her bye. I spent my time on the phone, reading all the messages. Rehan was tossing in bed.

I jumped next to him engulfing his warmness. The thing which became necessary to put me to sleep.

*******

"Bye," I hugged Sidra.

"Bye. Come back with the news of me becoming phuppi" she winked.