Chapter 9.

*Unedited*

A loud, rock music filled my room. Though I know that it was not from my phone, I took it and tried to shut the music off. What? It happens. If some music echoes in your ear during sleep then the first thing that pops in mind is it would be from your phone.

I prayed my Fajr salah just an hour back and now trying to have some sleep which was disturbed by the guests yesterday.

Finally, the music stopped. I took a deep breath of relief and snuggled under the blanket. Again the music started. What the hell! Is someone playing some kind of prank on me? I got up leaving my cozy bed in search of the source of music. I found an unfamiliar phone on the dressing table and clicked the button to receive the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey! It's some girl" I heard a male voice.

"Who is this?" A girl asked.

"May I ask the same?" I said in a bit rude tone.

"Aimen?" She asked in doubt.

"Yeah! Who are you?" I asked fully confused, how does she know my name?

"Thank God for it is you, I'm Sidra. I think I left my phone in your place" She said. There was a sense of relief in her voice.

"Yep! It's in my room" I said.

"Keep my love-my phone safely, it has been without me for one whole night," She said with a chuckle.

"Yeah! Yeah!" I said rolling my eyes.

"Were you asleep?" She asked.

Is she insane to ask me such a question? "No, I was waiting for your call," I said with a frown.

"Oh, dear! Have some sleep and don't forget to bring my phone to college, bhai will get it from you" What? I have to face him again.

"Allah Hafiz. Have sweet dreams" She bid the bye and ended the call, not letting me say anything.

Is she the same girl who was a stranger to me till yesterday? There was more than an hour to get ready for college so I made my way to the most comfortable thing in the world-my bed.

I don't how long I slept, but for me, it was just a few minutes till another disturbance came.

"Aimen! Get up I have great news for you" Aisha said snatching the blanket from me so I could wake up.

"What?" I asked turning towards her.

"I am pregnant," she said.

"So?" I asked yawning.

"I'm so happy. I'm gonna be a mother" She said giving me a bone-crashing hug.

I know its a great news because she is pregnant after two years of her marriage, but now I'm not in the correct mood to enjoy it.

"Tell it to jiju & ammi," I said breaking the hug.

"I will tell Fahad when he comes tomorrow and ammi is not home"

"Where is ammi? I asked.

"She has gone to receive some orders" She answered.

Ammi runs a boutique of modest clothes. Though dad had left us with enough money for our survival, ammi runs it to provide us a comfortable life, and also it makes her happy.

"Aren't you happy?" She asked.

"Of course I'm happy" I placed my hands on her stomach "Kiddo! Your sweet aunt needs some sleep will you please allow me to?"