Chapter 28

*Unedited *

I smiled looking at my friend, Maryam. She was very beautiful in her red color wedding lehenga. She was standing next to her soulmate, Javid. It was evident that they love each other a lot. She blushed as Javid kept on teasing her.

A hand slipped into my waist. I jerked at a sudden touch but the touch was familiar and it was none other than my husband. "We were standing there a few days back," he said. I nodded. "But you are the same beautiful" he whispered in my ear. I smiled shifting my gaze to the bridegroom with the red cheeks. Why does he have so much effect on me?

We came back from our honeymoon, yesterday. All the time Rehan was cursing Javid for spoiling it. It was very hectic yesterday. Maryam was nagging the whole time. Can you believe it? She delayed her Mehendi ceremony because she wanted to go on shopping with us while she is still single. Trust me it was the worst shopping I ever had, cause she ate my brain saying 'I'm nervous. I'm nervous' all the time. Thankfully Safa managed to shut her up.

It was a small wedding with few family members but the house was packed with many. Javid has a big family and Maryam's no less. Since Maryam is related to me from my ammi's side, a few of my aunts and uncles were here.

"Aimen" Aisha called. Rehan released his grasp. I went to the place where Aisha was seated with her baby. "Can you hold him? I want to congratulate the couple" she said holding out Hammad.

I took him carefully in my hands and rocked him a little. Thanks to Allah, Hammad didn't cry. Aisha was scared that he won't adapt to the new surrounding and also the crowd like usually how the babies do but seem like Hammad is a good boy. He didn't cry and mingled with everyone.

"He is so much like Aisha," Safa said kissing his hand. I nodded agreeing with her.

"You are next!" I said nudging Safa.

"Yeah!" She said in a low voice.

My eyes widened. "Do you have anyone?" I squealed.

She hushed me. "Do you really have anyone?" This time I said in low voice. She blushed. "Who is that lucky person?"

"Shh...Aimen! It's nothing like that. Today Razia aunty asked my hand for his son Yusuf" she said smiling continuously.

"Yusuf? As in your cousin Yusuf? I mean the one whom you like?" She hit my arm and silenced me. "Aww...Safa, that's awesome. What did you say?" She had a big-time crush on her cousin Yusuf and they would be so cute together inshaallah.

"I came to know of this only today, so hold on," she said.

"Of course, you would say yes".

"Shut up!" She smacked my hand.

*******
Once we got home, Rehan collapsed in the bed " I'm so tired"

"Can you do the effort of saying what made you tired?" I asked unpinning my hijab.

"Nothing but this whole day was so tiresome," he said yawning "I just need some sleep"

"Come on change first," I said.

"Nooo...I want to sleep" he placed a pillow on his face. He is so childish and so handsome.

"If you want to sleep in your tuxedo then fine" I gave him a shrug.

"Fine" with a huff he grabbed the clothes and disappeared into the bathroom.

I tried to remove the necklace but my hair got stuck in it. "Let me" came Rehan's voice.

His fingers touched my neck. Weird tingles arose in my stomach. "Here," he handed me the necklace. I felt his soft lips press against my neck sending a shiver down me.