Chapter 16.

*Unedited*

I opened the door to find Dadi (paternal grandmother), not mine but Rehan's dadi. I looked at my outfit, I was wearing a T-shirt and a pajama without hijab, just a dupatta around my shoulder. My hair is no less than any mess.

"Assalamualaikum!" I greeted her. Thanks to Allah, ammi is not here. She will not leave me for being a mess around some elders.

"Walaikumassalam!" She greeted me by kissing my forehead.

"How are you? Heard you were in the hospital."

"Alhamdulilah! I'm fine now. What about you?" I said.

"Fine as ever". She chuckled. "Cover yourself, child, I'm with my grandson," she said tapping my shoulder.

"Could you please ask him to wait outside, my friends are here too" I asked.

"Sure," She said and yelled "Rehu beta, stay there for a few minutes"

I smiled at his nickname and rushed to the living room. "Clean the room," I said wrapping my dupatta like a hijab, a great advantage of this is it covers me to the knees.

We three started cleaning, I took all the chips and placed them on the near table. Maryam took the empty soda cans and tossed them in the dustbin. Safa took the charge to off the TV. Finally, everything was in the right place. At least it didn't look as bad as before.

I went out to receive dadi. "So can we come in? " She asked. What an embarrassment! I nod my head saying yes.

I turned back to see my friends in their beautiful hijabs. "Where is Amira(my mom)?" Dadi asked. It's weird to call her dadi, what should I do she asked me to call her by that name.

"Ammi has gone to the hospital with Aisha"

"Is everything fine?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah! Actually, Aisha is pregnant, so it's her appointment with the doctor"

"Masha Allah!" She said fully happy. This is the thing about elders, they get happy for every reason. She turned to my friends and gave me a questioning look.

"These are my friends, Maryam & Safa," I said pointing to each. Dadi kissed their forehead too.

We all sat talking about random matters. She is too young for her age. I missed Sidra. We bonded great last time.

"It would have been great if Sidra was here," I said.

"She has exams" She replied.

I looked at Rehan, who was in the corner of the room. Why didn't I notice him before? He was on his phone. Poor man! What else he could do among us? He looked at me and gave me a smile, which didn't fail to bring some new feelings in me. A perfect smile.

"Always on phone," said dadi pointing to Rehan.

"Sorry" He replied with a grin, keeping the phone back in his pocket.

I don't blame him for this. We are indeed addicted to our phones and what else he could do among us?

"Rehan, where are the Gulab jamun which I brought?" dadi asked.

"It's on the table outside, I will bring it," he said.

"No. I'll have it" I said, already on my feet. I found the box of Gulab jamun. I took it to the kitchen to fetch some cups and spoons. This is my favorite sweet.

"Fine?" Rehan asked.

"Yep" I replied. I must say he is so handsome in this black down button shirt. Wait, he always dresses in black, why?

"Need some water." He said.

I gave him water.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded saying yes.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

---------------------------------------

Sorry, short chapter. I wrote almost half of the chapter, but when I returned to it, it vanished. Why Wattpad do you do this?

So how is the cliffhanger????

Votes*comments* share

Thanks to everyone who supported me in this story and also for the new one.

:)