Chapter 7.

*Unedited*

This chapter is dedicated to @bookwormgrll for her amazing votes and support.

------------------------------------

"Assalamualaikum Ammi" I greeted her giving her a side hug and kissing her cheek. She looked younger than her age, yet her eyes showed the hardships she has undertaken.

"Walaikumassalam beta" She replied. "Freshen up soon and help me," She spoke, busy chopping the veggies.

"Who are those guests ammi?" I asked sliding a piece of carrot into my mouth which she chopping. She hit my hand indicating me to stop.

"They are coming here to ask your hand in marriage," said Aisha.

"What?" Her words froze me. I could not open my mouth like there was some glue in it. I just stared at Ammi in shock. The tears were threatening to come out of my eyes. I know this would happen one day, but this early I never expected it.

"Stop teasing her" Ammi spoke "They are just your dad's relatives coming to meet us".

I looked at Aisha, she was laughing like she had seen some funny creature " You should have looked at your face" She said while laughing. I took the wooden spoon from the counter and chased her.

"Stop it" Ammi shouted. "I have asked you to replace the curtains Aisha and you Aimen take the crockery from the shelf". We both silenced looking down, still giggling. She poked out her tongue and I did the same.

"Hey! when is jiju(sister's husband) coming back?" I asked Aisha.

"After two days InshaAllah" Her face lit up on his mention. One can easily predict how much she misses him from that look on her face.

"We have to tolerate you for two more days," I said stressing on word 'two' and showing it using my fingers.

"You!" She threw a pillow at me which I managed to escape.

Jiju went to Dubai on a business trip. Aisha's in-laws are so kind that they asked her to stay here so that she could miss jiju less, giving trouble to us. Not that I don't miss her, but the problem is she can be irritating sometimes.

"Stop creating a mess" Ammi shouted again, I could see how tense she is. She is always like this when someone is about to visit us.

"Assalamualaikum" greeted Sarim.

"Walaikumassalam" We replied in unison.

"Listen I have to say you three something," said ammi. We stood there as if we are in the army and ammi our captain.

"The guests who are going to come are your dad's aunt and her family. We don't meet them often, so be presentable" She said and we nodded in reply.

"Aimen please wear some good clothes, Sarim no phones or video games in front of them, and Aisha you too behave well" She advised us like we are some small kids going to school for the first time.

******

It was the time for maghrib salah so I went to my room. I did wudhu and performed namaz. I made dua for everyone, especially for dad. After praying I opened my closet and looked for some good clothes to wear. Ammi's words made me smile, it's not that I wear a bad one. I wear weird ones, weird in the sense of pj's, and a mickey mouse T-shirt, which is considered inappropriate in our desi household. But they are the most comfortable thing to wear.

I took the green salwar kameez with the touch red color thread work. Within a few minutes, I was ready. I wrapped the red hijab which could suit my dress, usually, I want don't wear it at home but today there would be some non-mahrams too right? so I have to wear it.