Chapter 23.

*Unedited*

It was very dark but I could feel something like grass under my feet.

"Rehan where are we?" I looked around only to find darkness. His grab on my hand tightened "Are you afraid?"

"Nah...just curiosity" I lied. In small amounts, I'm afraid of darkness.

"Then hold your curiosity for a few more minutes, we are almost here".

After the reception, Rehan brought me here saying its a surprise.

"We are here!" I let out a gasp. We don't know where we are but in the distance, there was a table and two chairs and a candle was lit in the middle. A few lanterns were hanging around which showed me the path to the table was filled with rose petals.

Rehan took me by my hand to the table. A strange feeling filled me.

This looked like a date. The lanterns, roses, and everything looked amazing. No, this can't be happening.

"Aimen!" I moved my gaze toward Rehan who was on his knees holding my hand. Any girl would be happy but not me. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Aimen, I lo..." I cut him in midway.

"No Rehan please!" I took a step back. He stood up and looked into my eyes.

"Before you start your 'I hate you' stuff, listen to me" He quoted with his fingers. "I LOVE YOU AIMEN!" He said and the tears started to roll down.

"And I hate you!" I said. No, he can't love me after spoiling my life.

"Can I ask why?" He crossed his arms across his chest.

"Because of you, my life became so difficult. Because of you, I had to stop going to college. Because of you, my ammi stopped talking to me..."

"How come I am involved in this matter?"

Maybe my excuses are lame but those things made me cry a lot.

"Why did you ask me to marry you? No. Why did you marry me?" His eyes fumed with anger "I hate you for.....for everything" I don't know the exact reason why I hate him but I just hate him.

"You know what? The feeling is mutual now" with that he left.

Rehan's POV

I opened the door of my car and started the engine but instantly kicked it off at the thought of my so-called wife.

How can she be so heartless? I felt my cheeks turning wet. I hit the steering.

She hates me for no reason and I love her for no reason.

I cried my heart out. I blamed myself for confessing my love to her. The thing which made me hurt was that she is so heartless that she immediately rejected me when I opened my heart before her. It felt like someone stabbed my heart.

I don't remember when I had fallen for her. Her acts will not make me love her any less but it had surely made me hard.

I had the great urge to drive away from this place. The place which I made by so many efforts. The feelings which I had in me reflected in all these things. The moment which I waited for months came and it was shattered like nothing.

I looked at the entrance of the park for Aimen but she didn't come. I took my phone and searched through the gallery of pictures and finally found the picture I was looking for.

It was the photo of Aimen from our engagement ceremony. I took it without her knowledge. She was wearing a peach color dress and was looking somewhere. Her perfect beauty brought a smile between my tears. "What have I done that you hate me this much Aimen? What have I done?"