Chapter 29

*Unedited *

My exam starts tomorrow. Now, I'm breaking my head in these big books. How can someone read this? Like every exam now I feel if I had read earlier, it would have been so easy. But I'm happy to have such an amazing, genius and not to forget a handsome tutor - Rehan.

He was so engrossed in the book. He was enjoying all this. Reading these engineering books seems fun to him. Here I'm afraid of tomorrow and he is finding out the different methods to solve the problem. He was looking so cute with a pen in his mouth.

"My dear wife, I know my face is irresistible, I'm always here now will you read?" He snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I was not watching you" I lied and focussed back on the book. For the past ten minutes, I was reading the same line.

"You were, dear love" he winked. I rolled my eyes.

"Got it!" He squealed showing me the notebook.

"What?"

"The easiest way to solve this problem" he was grinning as if he has invented the time machine or something. "Why didn't I get this two years back?"

I stared at it trying to understand "Didn't understand?" I shook my head.

"Look.." He explained to me.

"From where did this come?" I pointed to the formula in the first step.

Rehan looked at me as if I got horns. "Don't tell me you don't know this"

"I dunno. From where you got this?" I asked.

His eyes widened "Seriously Aimen? this is the basic. You would have read it in the first year"

"Maybe but I don't remember it now"

He gave me a detailed explanation for the same problem twice so that it could get into my head. Don't think I'm dull, it is he who came up with the new method.

"I never thought I would be helping my wife in her exams. That too a dumb wife" he said laughing. What is he laughing at?

"Oye! I'm not dumb. It's you who is "super genius, " I said quoting with my fingers.

"That was easy...." He started but I cut him "I know that was easy and I admit it, now please go I want to read" I shoved him away.

He mumbled something and got back to his work whilst I continued my reading.

"Time for sleep" Rehan snatched the book from me.

"You go. It will take time for me" I said taking it back from him.

"It's already twelve. Are you gonna spoil your health" Twelve? It was 11.15 five minutes ago. Why does time fly so fast only while preparing for exams and not during lectures?

"No. This is the last topic" I folded my legs and made myself comfortable on the couch.

"Fine. Fifteen minutes. I will carry you if you don't close all these" he warned me but I didn't hear him.

I took a sip of tea from the cup. Taking more than a month off from college was a bad idea. At least I would have taken a few notes if I had attended the lectures.

"Time over!" Rehan yelled as he closed my books. Man, he is more strict than ammi.

"Stop. I will surely fail if I don't read" I whined. But he carried me in his arms. He was not joking when he warned me. "I gave you extra fifteen minutes" he smirked.

"Put me down right now. Can't you understand the state of a student at this time?" I hit his chest.

"I understand but I don't want the state of a student to spoil my wife's sleep" he grinned.