Chapter 6

"Any information or any lead to the culprit?" Gordon asked.

"Nothing sir," Drew replied.

Drew noticed Alicia. He saw worry on her face. It was the first time he saw her and he wondered who she might be. Alicia looked at him and gave him a smile. However, before Drew could smile back at her, Gordon dismissed him.

"Okay, you may leave," Gordon ordered.

Drew nodded and went out of the building. Gordon turned to face Alicia in order to continue his interrogation. However, when he looked at her, he noticed that she was lost in her thoughts. She was looking at the floor and she didn't blink at all. She was thinking about something.

"Ehemm," Gordon tried to break her out of her thoughts, but she didn't even move.

"Mrs Alice!" He said and waved his hands in front of her gaze.

Alicia blinked her eyes and moved her gaze to Gordon's face.

"I'm sorry," she apologised.

"What were you thinking," Gordon asked.

Alicia took a deep breath and looked into the eyes of Gordon.

"I don't think you will believe me, but, I've heard something like this before," she said.

"Something like what?" Gordon asked.

"A watchman being found in someone else's grave," she explained.

Gordon was confused, so, he just stared at her.

Alicia massaged her temples and she tried to recall as she bit her lips.

"I'm sure this happened before," she mumbled.

Gordon simply watched her being lost in her thoughts.

Suddenly, she froze and stared at Gordon with wide eyes.

"Veronica," she mentioned.

"Who?" Gordon asked.

"My friend, something like this happened to her," Alicia said as she stood up. She was going to rush out of the police station, but, before she could turn around, she was immediately stopped by Gordon.

"Where are you going," he asked.

"I'm going to bring my friend here. She is the only one who can help us," Alicia answered.

"You cannot leave Mrs Alice," Gordon authoritatively said.

"Alicia," again, she corrected him.

"And why can't I leave," she asked.

"You are a part of this case too and whatever you said has not been proved true yet. What if you run away and never come back?" Gordon doubted, as usual.

Alicia took a few steps forward and doing so, she talked, "I am not lying. You are blaming my dead grandchild of a crime. And I am here trying to find her body and helping my children whom you have arrested in there." She pointed at the room where Miguel and Chloe were held.

Finally, she was in front of Gordon who was now standing too. She leaned her hands on the desk and got closer to him.

"If I was lying, I wouldn't rush here to the police station," she firmly said.

She looked directly into his eyes.

"I'm just doing my duty," he spoke.

"Well, I am not stopping you. Why don't you accompany me then?" Alicia sarcastically said.