chapter 34: Snatch away

* Time travel to Yukiko's past when she was 8*

Yukiko POV

The old man said that we should go to school or at least to attend some lessons to learn something in the outside world. I dont like the idea because all I know about the outside world are all the meanies that are after my life because I am the girl with the rainbow seal. I share with Mihasa about this worry of mine and she comes with a wildest idea. " How about this Yukiko, you dress up as a boy? Since they are looking for a girl with rainbow seal, why dont you dress as a guy? In this case, you won't be the girl with the rainbow seal!?!!" she exclaims excitedly. I raise an eyebrow and reply, " Are you sure about this?" she nods and gives me her most convincing look. She then grab some of the over size clothes and asked me to put on. I did and with my short hair and the old man's cap, I really look like a boy. " People will laugh in tears if a boy's name is Yukiko...hmm..how about Yukiro? Yukiro sounds more like a boy's name!!" I thought for a while and agrees. Yukiro sounded more like a boy's name. We went ahead and played with the children in the same area. What I didn't know that the naggy old man was a well respected doctor in his younger days and now had retired to work as the village doctor. That's explains why would so many people would visit him and when they did that, he would always ask us to hide inside the room.

" How should a boy act?" I ask. All I know is how Shitoro, whom I miss dearly, acted. Am I supposed to act like him? " Erm..remember what the nuns told us about a real man? Just act like that." Mihasa replied innocently. I thought about it for a moment and decided that the things that I could actually achieve are being silent and talk with a few words. I told Mihasa about it and she agreed that she will help me. This plan works for 4 months already. As in front of other children, Mihasa and I are siblings that have no money to study so some of them will volunteer to help us. At the same times, we played with them and be friends with them. At the rate this plan is going, I dont mind being a boy for the rest of my life at all. Little did I know that there is a price to pay when being a boy.

* back to current*

Today is yet another exciting battling day. I heard from Dr Shamal that Gokudera san improved al lot. Knowing how much he wants to help Tsuna san, why did he lose? Could it be that the one that addresses himself as prince of ripper is that strong? Should I go and find out more? I skip school today saying that I have stomach ache. On the way to find him, I should get a leave or something so that I can better explain myself. I walk to the nearest drug store and get some drugs. While I am browsing which drugs I should get, I can feel someone is observing me. I act normal and purchase what I need and walk out of the store. I am walking to somewhere least crowded so in case of a fight happen to break out, there wont be many people getting hurt. " Ushishishi, Yukiko Tomaru, why are you siding them?" I turn back and see the blond that is goona defeats Gokudera san. " Who are you? And why are you following me?" I ask him. He slowly walks towards me, spinning his baby knives around. " Ushishishi, I am the prince. People call me prince of ripper, Bel. You are different from the rest of them. You got this aura that makes me curious. You are just interesting..and I like interesting stuff ushishishi!!" he is laughing out loud. So I make him curious? The only time I met him is during Ryohei senpai and Lambo's fight. And the thing is that I never interact with any one from Varia at all. " Now, I want to see how interesting you can be!" and he goes ahead wanting to tap my shoulder. Unknowingly, I dodge. Maybe trainings from younger days become a habit when people that I aren't close with wanting to have a body contract, I will dodge due to instinct.

He starts to throw all his baby knives at me and I just keep on dodging. The funny thing is that even when I dodge away from his knives, they will come back for me. I am not cut but as the speed of the flying knives increases, I am having a hard time to dodge. Maybe I should try this. I focus my sky energy into my eyes causing the flying knives that are coming towards me stop in the mid air. I didn't use much of the energy but it seem to me like the knives obey my command at a immediate go. Before I can destroy his knives, he quickly withdraw back his weapon.