Chapter 54: Hibari's realisation

Yukiko POV

After the Sami girl ran away, the Saku girl broke down. "Sami chan... No.. Listen to nee chan... I can explain.." "What happen Saku chan? Why did Sami chan reacted this way?!" "Nito chan, tell me what should i do.." She grabbed his suit tightly and hid her crying face away from the lively ball. Konito san hugged her tightly and slowly led her away from the crowd. Seeing that they would be fine, i started searching for the another two.

"What are you doing Neto chan!!?" "Calm down Sami chan, hear me out.." I ran all the way to the back alley of the ball and heard somebody shouting. At last, i found them! "I like Nito chan and nee chan knows that!! Why did she just.." "Listen to me carefully Sami chan, the one nii san likes is Saku chan.."

"I..im..impossible. I mean, how did it happen?" He caught her before she collapsed. "Sami chan, I've never ask a favour from you but please..let them be.." "What are you saying!! How could i just.. Neto chan, you are crying.." He stood up straight and attempted to wipe his tears away while clearing his throat. "Nii san is very special to me. Please." "Nito chan is also very special to me!!" "No, you don't understand.." "Then make me understand Neto chan!"

He gently led her to somewhere deep of the back alley and i followed them. I couldn't help but to feel curious of what he was going to tell her. Somehow, just somehow I've this feeling that I'm related to them. "Nii san is the only one left in the world for me. Ever since Otou and Okka san died that horribly, nii san is the only one i left. And to tell you the truth, even nii san didn't know this, the reason Otou and Okka died was because of us."

Sami san looked pale under the dim lighting and whispered "why..?" "You have must heard that Tomaru is the curse family. Okka san was the one who inherited the curse and it was passed down to the both of us. Among nii san and i, i guess nii san is the one who inherited the power. Though the same blood run in us, nii san always has this special aura and power behind him."

"No..no way.." "This is true. Being in the same blood, i can feel that he is absorbing my power from me sometimes when he loses control of his emotions. And if you read about the curse one, it says that they will not be able to live very long. That's why i want him to be as happy as possible till i find the cure of the curse. Sami chan, i know that this is really too much to ask but please.. I beg of you.." With that he teared up a bit, Sami chan hugged him with her tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Neto chan, you are sad right? You like nee chan but you love your onii more.. Same for me. Nee chan has always help me in so many ways..i really like Nito chan you know Neto chan but i love nee chan... Help me Neto chan..i don't know what to do.." He hugged her back tightly and they both cried their hearts out. At that moment, i felt my heart was pierced. Both side were crying, both side were trying to give..

After what seem like a while, Sami san and Neto san went back to join Saku san and his brother. It was so obvious that both parties had cried hard and  were still probably a little shaky. "Sami chan.." "Nee chan, I've something i want to tell you." Sami san then whispered something to her sister who seemed shocked.  After that Saku chan went and danced with Nito san and Sami san went with his younger brother.

"What did you tell her? "I've just merely told nee chan that i don't like Nito chan but you instead. Gomene  to use you as a shield. " he chuckled a little and replied, "That's the price to pay for my favour to you." They both smiled sadly at each other while continued to dance. On another hand, the couple that completely fooled by their siblings were enjoying the dance.

Yukiko sama, this is lesson two, second trial. A Tomaru's happiness is often obtained by the sacrifice of others. This is only the beginning of their sacrifices in order for a cursed one to obtains love. Good job of hanging on and please be mentally prepared for the last stage of the sorrow.