chapter 3: peaceful? not yet

Hello peep!!! Writing this need a lot of energy yo!! So this explains to the slow updates and all!! Please bear with me yea, I will come up with more updates sooner okay! Meanwhile, just enjoy this chapter first!! Oh ya, this part is still focus on Yukiko and Reborn! But soon everyone goona get included!

Yukiko POV

Today feels so long. Especially the trip to at Takashi store. I was glad that I managed to escape that store before that baby come and confront me. But who is that baby? How could a baby have so much power? Especially a sun guardian?

'Never underestimated him' I thought as I hugged Coco and took off my man disguise. I have another 1 week plus before going over to another town. If that baby isnt there, I wouldn't mind taking some of the sushi when they looked so mouth-watering.

Reborn POV

I got the company of that teenage boy. He must be the one that causes the glow in my pacifier. He must be related to my boss or the other holders as well. And I am determined to find out who he is. Holding his company's address, I made my way over and get more information about him.

" What is the boy's name? The one that deliver to Takashi store today?" I asked the in -charge, while observing this company. Why would a teenage boy wants to work at such shabby place? Turning back to the in-charge, he passed me a piece of paper that was written "Yukiro Tomaru" He simply shaked his head and replied " That's all I have, take it or leave it.."

I nodded and passed him a envelop that contained a sum of money. Yukiro Tomaru...who is he? Why does the name Tomaru sounds so familiar?

*Time travel to 2 days later

Yukiko POV

Today marks the fifth day at Namimori town and I am staying here for another week plus before leaving to other towns to stay. Honestly speaking, I an getting a bit tired of escaping from towns to towns. But with Shitoro's last words, I can't " You must stay alive at all cost..because you are saved by all of us.." he said before he stopped.

That moment felt like everything had come to a stop. Without my realisation, I travelled back in my mind to those refugee days.

It was already at night. We were spending the night inside a forest. The three of us, Shitoro, Mihasa and I were sitting down silently, too shocked and tired to mention of today's event. Mother Sami's death was too much for us to handle. I had no idea where could the three of us go to now. All Mother Sami said was to escape as far as possible..but to where? We were only kids..and even Shitoro being the eldest, he was only 7.

What could we do? Dumping all the dried leaves and branches we found in the forest, we tried making a fire. However, we didn't even have enough strength to rub the rocks together to give us a spark. Really wishing that there was a fire, my rainbow seal glowed out of nowhere.

Feeling the seal being heated, I pointed it towards the direction where all the dried leaves and branches were. I could feel a flame within me and in a few moments, a small flame escaped from the seal to the leaves. Mihasa opened her eyes wide and Shitoro looked amazed. Personally, I was totally stunned, this was the second time I felt this strange power within me.

The first was when I was pissed off with the boy that bullied Shitoro and hit him. The energy came out as a green thunder and shocked him. That, caused his life. This time round, it felt like a flame and came out orange. What exactly happened to me?

Morning came and we continued to walk. We were all starved and thirst to death but we could not stop. Because we must escape as far as possible. Spending a night and a few hours that felt like days in the forest, we finally found small river that led to a cave.

We somewhat survived throughout those days at forest and cave, where we had to pick up food that we think they were edible. I thought that as long as Shitoro and Mihasa were with me, no matter how hard the days could be, we could somewhat survived. That was the calm before the storm.We managed to reach a small village.

The people there were kind and even we were not related to them, they fed and cloth us. Other than those days at orphanage, these were the best days that the three of us could ever had. We were helping out as farmers, helping to water and planted the seeds in the field to replay the kindness they had shown to us. We didn't mind, as long we were saved and fed.

When we were doing the usual routine, Shitoro shouted over the field to us, "Hey!! I am going to learn fishing today!! You two better continue to do your work!! And see you two later!!!" sticking my tongue out for him and gave him the whatever you say look to him. He just simply wave to Mihasa and I and made his way to the village chief to ask for permission.

He came back too soon with a pale look on his face. Mihasa ran over and asked him.

" Are you alright? You looked really pale..' she trailed off slowly. I was making ghost faces and making fun of him saying he must have seen a ghost or was been rejected by the village chief.

Out of nowhere, he grabbed our hands and dragged us away. Both of us, Mihasa and I, struggled to break free from his grip and began to question him of his action. That was when I saw them again. Those men in suits that were at orphanage. Those men that shot Mother Sami. Why were they here? I thought we escaped far away from them already..but it appeared not to be.

Pulling us down to hide, " Let's get out of here..I will tell you guys the reason later" he whispered.

Nodding our heads, we followed Shitoro as we made our way to the warehouse. The warehouse wasn't too far from the field but the villagers rarely visit this place. Shitoro allowed us to enter first before he entered..breathless, he told us what he saw when he went to the village chief' office to ask for permission.

Beofre he could reach the door, there were three men in suits standing outside the chief's office. Unconsciously, he immediately hid the other side of the office. He slowly crept to one of the windows that was left ajar.

" Have you seen a girl with a rainbow seal- like necklace around?" Shitoro tried to peek without being noticed.

He then saw the chief answered, " May I know the reason why must I tell you?" One of the men took a out gun and placed it in front of the village chief. " You won't like us going around with this to play dart with your people, would you?" the one in the middle replied with a smirk.

Seeing the village chief surrendered himself and began to tell them what he knew causes Shitoro ran to tell us as quickly as he could. He cursed the village chief for being so timid, so easily being frightened. I couldn't blame the village chief because I knew all he wanted was the village's safety and peace..but to us, peaceful days seen to be far, not yet arrive.