Chapter 15

Chapter 15- Jordi

Holding my breath, I wait for Layla to have some sort of a reaction to what I just told her.

To be honest, she took the whole werewolf thing better than I would have ever dreamed of. I thought she would've freaked out and fainted or something. But that's not the case, she was just wanting proof. I can only hope it would be like that now, when I told her she was my "soul-mate".

"What?!" It looked like she couldn't believe this either.

"Yeah, I know. The whole concept is pretty weird. But anyway, yeah. You are my mate. You were made for me and I was made for you."

She smiled faintly. "So, what does that necessarily mean?"

"It means that I am only for you. I am completely, utterly yours, Layla Creed. I am devoted to you, from the start to the end. I only want you, and I can only hope for the same in return. I know you've felt slight sparks when I hold your hand or cup your face, and that's because it's the bond we have. We have a bond that is unbreakable. The only way to break it is to reject your mate and there is no way I am rejecting you, not now, not ever." I inched closer to her as I spoke. At some point, I picked up her hand and held it in mine.

She gasped, tears coming to her eyes.

"What's wrong? Does something hurt?" I asked.

"No, you goof. I'm fine." She chuckled.

"Well whats wrong?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing, it's just- I don't know what to say. What do say at times like this? I mean, I've been fragile practically my whole life. And on top of that, I'm sensitive to a lot of things, so it means I have a fragile heart as well." She paused in thought. "I can tell you that there is absolutely no reason to hope for the same because it always has been. Not once have I thought of doing anything with anybody else, I mean, I'm scared out of my mind around new people. How could I not be completely yours? Be with Taylor?" I growled lowly at that thought. "Not happening, I see him as the big brother/protector I always wanted."

A little voice popped up from somewhere in the room. "Hey, I'm your protector Sissy!"

Looking behind me, I found Little Man playing with Taylor's wolf. It was adorable. James, Taylor's wolf, had his rear in the air while he was down on his front paws, playfully jumping around Ben. Ben was giggling and moving out of the way when James would jump again.

"Don't worry bud, you still are. C'mere." Layla replied to his protest.

He walked over and climbed on the bed, snuggling into Layla's good side, hugging her softly.

"So we're mates?" I nodded in response. She smiled back at me. "I know it's only been about a month of knowing each other and a few weeks we've been dating, but I feel like I love you already. I never had a chance to know what love feels like, so I'm not sure. But what I am sure of is that you make me feel safe. I felt safe with you from day one, even if I was still trying to figure you out. I'm comfortable around you, and I'm comfortable with having Ben around you. I can tell he loves you so much and looks up to you. I'm so happy he likes you. I don't exactly know what I'm feeling, but it feels like love, so that's what I'm going with. I-I love you." She smiled softly at the end. But what really made my heart flutter, was the fact she looked into my eyes at the last moment, before saying the words I've been yearning to hear since the day she agreed to go out with me.

I couldn't hold back any longer, I leaned forward, cupped her face in my hands gently, and planted a passionate kiss on those lips of hers. She gasped and I used it as an advantage, slipping my tongue into her mouth. I put all of my emotions into that kiss. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs I love you, too!

She was the first to pull away, gasping for breath. "W-What was that for?" She stuttered.

"Believe it or not babe, but I love you too. So much. God, I can't believe you're here, in my arms. I love you so much." I rambled on. I tucked her head into the crook of my neck, hugging her close.

Not only was this physical contact amazing to feel, but it would heal her some. Physical contact between mates not only creates sparks but those sparks can heal injuries. Of course, it won't heal her fully, but enough for her to actually be able to do things and lie on her back and such.

"Can you guys wet me go now? I wanna play with Taywor!" Ben spoke up, his voice muffled under us.

I chuckled, "Of course Little Man, go ahead. Oh, and Buddy, when he's a wolf like that, his name is James, okay? James doesn't like being called Taylor."

"Okay, but does your wolfy have a name too?"

"Yeah, his name is Alex." I replied.

"Ohh! Can I see him?"

"Maybe later bud, let's let sissy rest and I can show both of you. Put your coat on and go outside, that's where James will be, okay?"

With that he only nodded and scrambled off to go find James.

I turned back to see Layla looking up at me, "You're so good with him." She smiled.

I smiled back, feeling my dimple come out. "I know. I love him like a little brother. He's adorable."

Her face turned serious, "Thank you. I don't know what would've happened if he wouldn't have found you that day. Thank you so much." She started crying and sobbing into my chest. "I didn't want to do this earlier with him in here an-"

I cute her off, "Shh, it's okay now. I got you. Just get some rest. We'll talk in the when you wake up." I kissed the crown of her head, laying down with her, being careful of her back, which was most likely almost healed. "I love you." I mumbled into her hair.

"I love you too, Jordi."

-----------------------

Kinda short but it's an update!

Please comment and vote! I love seeing what you guys have to say!

Ps: Updates might slow down a little bit, since school is starting back up from winter break. I will try my hardest to get updates up quickly!

AND BTW, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS STORY OVER 100K READS!!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH.