Chapter 28

Chapter 28- Jordi

"HOW DID THIS GET PAST THE GUARDS?" I bellowed.

Layla was shocked at my outburst, looking up at me from her seat on the couch with her big round eyes.

"What's wrong, Jo?"

I was shaking, trying my damnedest to control Alex.

It didn't work too well.

As soon as I shifted, I laid down and bent my head, as a sign to Layla that I would not hurt her. I know she's scared, I can feel it.

"W-What's going o-on?" She whimpered.

I let out a whine, my paws covering my eyes.

My father bursted through the door, along with Taylor, looking around frantically. His eyes finally landed on me, while Taylor's landed on Layla's confused form.

He walked over to her, checking if she was injured, which made me growl.

I wouldn't hurt my mate, you dick! I mind linked him.

He just looked at me and shook his head. "No, but you scared her."

I whined again.

"Son, what did you do?!"

Alex finally calmed down enough at the sight of Layla shaking in her seat, a few stray tears falling from her eyes.

"I-I was re-reading, and he j-jus," she stuttered. "I don't k-know."

Calm down Alex! I need to shift back.

I can't! How can that bastard send us a threat letter!

We need to calm down, for Layla!

After minutes of talking him down, Alex finally allowed me to shift back. I quickly grabbed a pair of shorts from my desk and pulled them on, making my way to Layla. I pulled her in my arms, shielding her from my father and Taylor, holding her close.

"Now tell us, now. What happened?" My father commanded.

I only pointed to my desk.

He walked over to my desk, searching around. He finally found the letter among the mess of paperwork. He started shaking, growling furiously. Layla shook even more.

"Hey, I need you to go find Logan, alright? Go get him and go in our room, alright? I promise I will come get you guys when I calm down alright? I'll explain everything." It broke my heart to see her tear-stained face.

"Okay," she whispered. I pecked her quickly on the lips, and watched as she left.

Taylor spoke up first after she left. "We were on the way to inform you about something Alpha Damon informed us about, but it seems as thought there's something else we need to talk about."

"Taylor..." My dad said.

Taylor walked over to him and started reading the letter.

He sighed heavily and started shaking, obviously pissed that someone would threaten his Luna.

"We have to take action."

"But we don't know where he is, we have no-" I was cut off.

"That's actually what we came up here for." My dad spoke, "They found something."

"Well?"

"Alpha Damon had a training session with the pups and decided to view his warriors and how they train the kids. So while they were running the border, he picked up a faint rogue scent and traced it to this small house in the direct middle of fair territory. It's directly in between our pack lands." Taylor spoke, still trying to calm down.

"We have to go. Now."

----------------------

I FEEL SUPER HORRIBLE BECAUSE THIS IS CRAPPY AND SO SHORT BUT I PROMISE I WILL GET TO WORK ON THE NEXT UPDATE.

**** VOTE & COMMENT ****