Chapter 23

UM, ONE MILLION READS????!??!?!? I'm kind of having breathing problems. What the hell thank you guys so much!!!!

Chapter 23- Jordi

Carrying a full tray consisting of two plates of breakfast and two glasses of orange juice all while carrying a bouquet of roses under my arm is tough.

Opening the door again is a whole different story.

In the midst of my struggle with the door, it opened revealing a cute looking Layla.

"Awuh baby, I was gonna bring you breakfast and we could share it in bed." I frown.

"You good, I heard you struggle with the door. I was just opening it for you." She smiled up at me.

"Oh, well then surprise baby." I laugh.

She chuckled and let me through. Plopping herself back onto the bed, she took the flowers from me and smelt them. "Thank you Jo. I love you." She pecked me on the lips.

"No problem baby. Anything for you." I kissed her.

Halfway through the kiss she smiled and pulled away, "Okay let's eat, it smells really good."

When we were finished eating and throwing some food at each other like four year olds, she went to take a shower.

It reminded me of last night when she let me take a bath with her. I loved every moment of it; the skin to skin contact, the intimacy, just laying there relaxing with my mate.

Walking out of the bathroom in only a towel, I was mesmerized by the beauty that is Layla. Her body is frail and tiny, but sexy and beautiful.

"Hey again, baby." I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She giggled, "Hi."

I kissed her forehead, nose, cheeks, then eventually made my way to her plump lips. Encasing them in mine. She responded eagerly, moving her lips in sync with mine.

I cupped my hand behind her head, twining my fingers in her wet hair. I started trailing kisses down the column of her throat, inhaling sharply as her unique scent filled my nostrils.

She let out a breathy moan, lifting my head to meet her eyes. "Mark me, please." She pleaded.

"My pleasure baby."

With that, I trailed more feather kisses down her neck. When I found her sweet spot I suckled on it for a while, eventually letting Alex take control and mark her.

-

"Ugh, I hate school!! Why do we have to go tomorrow?" Layla groaned while playing with my hair as she sat on my lap in my office.

"I know baby, but only three more weeks until graduation. And, just think, since you took advanced classes and have your credits, you could probably graduate early."

"I can, some of my teachers told me. I just don't wanna go tomorrow."

I laughed. "Well we just have to push through it."

Layla just kept playing with my hair, sighing in content every now and then.

A knock sounded on the office door a few minutes later. "Come in."

The door creaked open and Taylor walked in. "Jordi, I have some news from Alpha Damon."

Layla sat up, knowing it had to do with Marcus.

"What did he say?"

"He only told us that his patrol has spotted more rogues lurking around. He believes they are scouting the lands in search for Layla. I don't think he knows which pack she's in exactly."

Layla stiffened.

"Damn it." I muttered.

"Did we double our patrols?"

"Yes, sir." Taylor said in his Beta voice.

Layla sniffled and just buried her face in my neck. I sighed, rubbing her back soothingly. "Do not let anyone skip on their patrols and I want training to move up to four days a week for the weaker wolves."

He nodded and walked out.

"Baby?"

Layla sniffled and looked up at me. I could swear my heart broke at the sight of her puffy eyes and red, blotchy face.

"Hey, I will protect you and Ben with my life, I swear on it. Okay?"

"But if a fight does break out, I don't want anyone hurting themselves for me or Ben. I don't want any wolf in this pack risking their lives for us, it's not fair."

"Why is it not fair?"

"Because they never asked for this! They never asked for a Luna with a horrible past that won't stay away! They never asked to have to protect my family with their lives!"

"Hey, look at me. Nothing will keep this pack from protecting you or Ben. You are their leader along side of me. Yeah, they never asked for a Luna with a past. But they asked for a wonderful Luma, and that's you. They don't care about your past and neither do I. All we care about is the safety of you an Ben. Alright? We will never let anything happen to either of you."

She sniffled again and wiped her nose with a tissue from my desk. "Okay." She settled her head on my shoulder, cuddling up to me even more. Her body was shaking, and my heart broke even more for my fragile mate.

I love her so much, and I would do anything for her and Ben.

----------------------

I've been having writers block. And I hate it.

I'm trying to wrap this story up so there are maybe four or five more chapters left of FRAGILE HEART.

Please comment and vote!!! I love every comment you guys leave and appreciate them so much!!!!

***** COMMENT AND VOTE *****