Chapter 29

Chapter 29- Layla

"I have to go after him! I can't let him do this on his own! It's my brother! I need to!"

Lauren just looked sympathetic, "Lay, I can't. I was given strict orders to hold you and Logan here. I will not go against my Alpha."

"But I'm your Luna." I sobbed.

Kelsey sighed heavily from the other side of the room. Logan was asleep on the bed, oblivious as to what's taking place around him.

My body was wracked with sobs, waiting to erupt and roll over out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry, I can't let you." Lauren was tearing up, a stray tear falling over when her sentence was done.

I sniffled. "I have to."

"You can't-" I cut Kelsey off.

I stood up abruptly, "I HAVE TO. Don't you understand that? I can't just sit here when my brother is most likely being tortured and my mate is walking into the fire!"

"I-"

"Sissy?" Logan called out groggily, interrupting what Kelsey was saying.

He took to calling me sissy just as Ben had, seeing as I was the closest to a sister he'd ever had. He also used it as comfort, seeing as his mate was taken for three weeks now.

I loved the little twerp with all my heart, every time he called me that it just made my heart squeeze with happiness. Just knowing he took comfort in calling me sissy made me teary eyed.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" I asked, walking over to him.

"Why are you sad?" His little hand reached up to my cheek as I sat beside him.

"I miss Jo." It wasn't entirely a lie. I was pissed at Jordi leaving me here, while he went off to battle against the bastard and find my brother. But I missed him all the same.

"Where is he?" He asked all cutely.

"He went on a little trip, okay? But I need you to do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I need you to be a good boy, alright? I'm going meet up with him and I need you to stay with Lauren."

Lauren gasped and just looked mad at the fact I was going to go against what she was ordered to do. I glared at her, a little mad that she didn't wake me up and tell me what was going on earlier.

"I can do that."

I kissed his forehead and stood up, looking at Kelsey. "Let's go."

----------------

"So where is this little house thing?"

"I'm not too sure, Brett told me and Lauren that they were headed off in neutral territory between Alpha Damon and Jordi's lands. Then Jordi gave orders to Lauren to keep you home with Logan. Guess that didn't happen," she tried to joke.

I chuckled a little, then turned serious after a minute.

"What if they already found him? What if they're alrighty fighting?"

"Then we fight with them." The mood in the car turned drowsy real quick.

It was silent for a while. "How long have they been gone?" I asked.

"For about three hours. We didn't want to wake you, so we waited for you to wake up." She paused, "We knew you'd freak out and insist on going, so we tried to wait it out as long as possible."

"Well, even though I'm pissed, I see why you guys did so." The rest of the journey out of pack lands was spent in silence. After about ten minutes she broke the silence.

"Okay, we should be close to the area." She spoke.

"Roll down the window and see if you can catch any scents. And go slow."

She complied. After ten minutes of driving slowly around the neutral lands she gasped, and looked to me.

"What?" I looked around frantically.

"It's Jordi and his dad, Brett, Taylor, all of them. I also smell rogues, and a scent I don't know. But... there's also the strong smell of blood."

I could feel the color drain from my cheeks.

"We have to go!"

We trampled out of the car, rushing forward, me following Kelsey. We soon came to a halting stop.

"Oh my god." I whispered.