Chapter 14

Who I picture Taylor as. Again, don't know who he is, but damn he's fine! Ha ha.

Chapter 14- Layla

Beep...Beep...Beep...

The continuous noises awoke my mind from its dreamy state. And the first thing I noticed was pain.

Pain radiated all over my back, it felt like a weight was placed on my back and it was controlled to send shocks in my muscles. I also felt extreme pain in my jaw and rib cage. There was one thing I was feeling that wasn't pain, though. I felt fingers between my own and I felt gentle sparks.

Opening my eyes, I was met with a harsh glare of light, followed by the sight of Jordi sleeping in a hospital chair next to me with Ben curled up on his chest sleeping as well.

I almost awed out loud, but it was hard to open my mouth. I started freaking out since I couldn't open my mouth, I mean, wouldn't you? I also noticed that I was laying on my stomach.

"Hey, don't be scared, it's just wired shut, you can talk but it'll be hard to understand. And don't flip over, okay?" A sleepy voice asked. One prominent thought; sexy.

Another thought; why is my jaw wired shut and why can't I turn over?

Jordi asked quietly, "Do you remember anything?" He must have seen the confused looked on my face because then he elaborated, "About four days ago, Little Man came running to the stop where I pick you guys up at crying his eyes out. He got enough words out to alert me that you were in trouble. I ran the way he came from until I found you and when I did I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I saw you on the ground, unconscious with a man sitting on you while beating the shit out of you with a belt."

When he said the last part, I started looking around. I was freaking out again at the thought of Marc knowing I was here with him and he knew.

"Layla, it's okay. Calm down, he's not here. He was taken into custody." I relaxed, as much as I could with being in a hospital bed, stuck with laying on my stomach.

I motioned with my hand, taking it out of Jordi's grasp, to getting me something to write with. He reached over slowly, careful not to stir the still sleeping boy in his arms, and grabbed a pad and pen. Once it was placed in front of me, I wrote down 'What happened after you got there?'

He answered, "Well, I freaked out. I pounced on him and started throwing punches. I had to get him off of you. The sight of you laying there helpless broke my heart, so I saw red and went crazy. I kept hitting him until Taylor got there with my dad, Judd, Brett, Kelsey, and Lauren. Taylor was gonna ride with us that day, so when Ben said something was wrong, he called them and followed me. Lauren and Kelsey made sure Ben was safe and calming down, while my dad, Brett, and Judd had control of Marc. I went over o make sure you were okay. It was horrible, baby. I called the paramedics and they brought you here. I did brake down though. Once you were in stable condition, I broke down completely. I was angry at that bastard for doing such things to you. I was angry at myself more, though. For not noticing it sooner. You and Ben were both terrified of going home and I thought nothing of it. And with that bruise I found, I knew it wasn't an accident, but I didn't put the clues together. I'm sorry, I should've known." He finished, looking down.

I wrote back, 'Wow. Well, okay. But don't be angry at yourself. There's really no way you could've known. But why did you react so strongly? I mean, we've only known each other for about a month now, and have been dating for a week and a half or so.'

This is when he started to look nervous. "Well, I actually have to tell you something. I want to tell you both something." He spoke, motioning to me and to Ben.