Chapter 10

You guys have no idea how happy I am that so many of you are giving my story a chance, and a special thanks to those who comment! It makes my day reading what you have to say!

Chapter 10- Layla

It's been about two weeks since we've been here and honestly, i don't hate it like I normally hate the places we move to.

I've made some friends that I'm finally starting to get comfortable around and Ben has made a friend too. Ben and Logan are like two peas in a pod. After the second day here, Ben has been more open and has non-stop talked about his new bestfriend. I'm really happy that Ben has a distraction from everything that's going on at home.

Lately, Marcus has been worse with me. He's leaving behind more bruises and they're getting hard to cover up. The other day, he shoved me into the wall and punched me in the jaw, twice, in the same spot. I still have a black bruise in that spot and my back still hurts like hell. I'm also running out of concealer to cover it up. I only have a little bit left and it probably wont last until the end of this week.

He has also been more touchy with me. He always gets mad at me for looking so much like my mom, as he always does, and hits me for it. Only now, he apologizes after it and pulls me into an embrace,sometimes whispering things like "It's okay baby, I'm sorry." The first time he did this, I pushed him away and tried to run, but that only made him angrier and he beat me for it. So I just thought to bear with it. Better than to take a beating.

I make sure that Ben is always in his room when stuff like this happens, not that he's ever out of his room, but I just make sure he's in his room with the door shut. I don't want him to see what's happening, although he's seen Marcus hit me before.

Soon, Ben and I came up to our driveway and dreaded the short little walk to the door. I wish we could go back to about an hour ago when we were in Jordi's truck, feeling the wind hit our faces as we flew down the road, not scared of where we were going. We were smiling for a reason other than each other. I wanted that forever, I didn't want to be scared for the rest of my life. I didn't want Ben to grow up being scared of every man he comes across. We just have to deal with this for another two years and then i'll be able to take custody of Ben and get the hell away from the phsycopath that is my stepfather.

Walking in the door, I immediately smelt the stench of alcohol, as always. I quickly took Ben's bag and jacket from him and told him to go in his room. After I made sure he was safe behind his shut door, I walked into the living room, only to be thrown on the floor a minute later.

"What the hell? Where have you been? Have you been whoring around?" Marcus spit in my face, literally.

"N-No, I haven't." I managed to squeak out.

"Then where the hell have you been? And don't lie to me, b*tch! You reek of cologne and a boy."

He scrunched up his nose at the smeel when I found the sharp woodsy scent calming. Except I wasn't calm right now, not with my back aching where the remaining bruise lay being pressed even harder into the ground. "I was with a friend. H-He gave me and Ben a ride home. We ran out of gas on the way here and had to push the car to a station tofill up the tank." I lied. If he found out I actually went to Jordi's house, he wouldn't only hurt me, but Jordi too, most likely. I didn't want Marc to hurt him. I really liked Jordi, I mean really really liked him.

"Whore!" He slapped my face, part of his palm hit my fading bruise. Luckily, he slapped the side of my face with the more-healed bruise. If he slapped the other side, he would've made the bruise worse, probably to the point of not being able to cover it. My face ached for something cold.