Chapter 11

I don't know who this is, but this is who I picture Layla as, just with a little more freckles, haha.

Chapter 11- Jordi

"Dad, I'm telling you something's wrong."

"How do you know for sure Jordi? You don't have any real evidence that says so."

"What other evidence do you need other than a giant fucking bruise? If it was from something reasonable then it wouldn't have been that dark. For Christ's sake dad, it was black." I was infuriated at my father right now. I told him about the bruise I saw on Layla's face earlier today and about how she was always skittish around new people. My dad keeps thinking she fell or was hit with a ball or something and that since she was new in town that was the reason for her being jumpy.

"Calm down, son. Alex is pushing. Calm down before you shift right here. All I am trying to say is that she is a human. It could be from anything. Remember, she doesn't heal like us, of course it's going to be bad if it was recent." He had a small point, but I just couldn't get it out of my mind that something was wrong with this whole situation. Alex was pacing back and forth, trying to get out.

"I'm going for a run."

I faintly heard my dad yell for me to be careful and not to do aything stupid. As soon as I stepped foot outside, I shifted.

Tattered clothing littered the grassy ground where I stood just moments ago. I let Alex take over, then I felt the wind rushing past my fur as we rushed into the night. The rush calmed me.

Coming up to a clearing, I shifted back, heading to a tree to grab a pair of shorts from the hollowed inside. Slipping them over my hips, I sat down on a rock that overlooked a small lake with a garden around a potion of the edge.

I used to come here with my mom every weekend and sometimes after school. We would come here when she was feeling stressed about Luna duties and when I was overwhelmed by school work. We would sit on this very rock and tell each other about our day and I would always tell her about the latest gossip and she would be like my bestfriend, joining in on the gossip with me. She wasn't like my bestfriend, she was my bestfriend. I was a complete momma's boy.

Thinking about that caused my mind to wander to Layla. I needed to find out what was going on. But I can't do that by asking her directly, I mean she completely froze when I asked her about the bruise I found right by her ear. She panicked, and I need to know why. When I saw that black mass on the side of her face, I almost lost it. Alex howled in my mind at the thought of our mate hurt. Seeing that massive bruise killed him. Not only him, but me as well. I wanted to scream out and kill whoever caused harm to her.

She was aready my everything. I would protect her with my life if it came down to it. I could tell the mate bond was affecting her, not much, but just enough for her to trust me. She would scoot closer to me at lunch occasionally and sit as close to me as possible in Music and our Math class. She still sat next to Tay in first period though.

Today, when she told me she liked me too, I was ecstatic. I was over the moon happy and couldn't believe she actually agreed to be my girlfriend. Girlfriend. I love the sound of that. Layla Creed was mine now, officially.

I didn't realize it was as late as it was. Sitting there, letting my mind wander off was a release of some sort. I didn't feel as tense as I was but I still felt something was wrong. I went to bed that night determined to find out what was wrong in the next few days.

-

Layla hasn't spoken about what happened the other day. And neither have I. I've been trying to come up with reasons as to why she had a bruise, no luck, but I know it wasn't an accident. What could have happened? I would have to talk to Taylor about it. He would know what to do.

Besides the fact that I was wracking my brain for solutions, I was also looking on with admiration as Layla talked with some of the pack members. She had a smile on her face as Kelsey told her of her little sister, Maci. Layla spoke about Ben too, relating to Kelsey to an extent.

She had a genuine smile on her face, the one that blew me away. She's lit up since her first day here, roughly three weeks ago. She has laughter leaking into conversations now, gracing the world with the sweet sound. Although she's only opening up in front of my friends and staying guarded with anyone she doesn't know well, it's still so incredibly heartwarming to see how well she gets along with the people she does open up to. Not only has she been opening up more, but she's eating a little bit everyday. I'm glad, because she is super thin and it can't be as healthy as she may think. I'd like a little meat on my girl. She makes my heart swell with proudness every time she takes a little bite to eat. It means she's healthy.

All day, we've been close to each other, with the exception of the two classes we don't have together before lunch.

"Hey, how was your day Little Man?" I asked as Ben launched himself into my arms, his routine for the past few days.

He giggled, "Awesome! We colored and then did math, I think, with building blocks! It was so cool!" He said, tripping over the L a little bit. He's gotten better at that, according to Layla, since school started.

I laughed at him and ruffled his hair, turning to Layla and opening my arms. She immediately walks into my embrace, hugging me back. Pulling away, I motion to the car, opening the door, and say, "Shall we?"

She laughs and climbs in the passenger seat while I help Ben into the new booster seat I bought him. I realized since I'm probably gonna be spending a lot of time with not only Layla but Ben as well, I might as well get him one to be safe.

"What's this for?" He asked as i buckled him in, showing him how to do it himself.

"To keep you safe bud."

Layla speaks up, "You didn't have to do that. I can pay you back for it if you want."

"Of course not. As long as he's safe it's cool. I thought since we will be spending a lot of time together now, I needed to take his safety into consideration as well."

She smiled at me, and leaned over to peck my cheek. Leaning back in her seat, she blushed a little.

I just smiled and drove off to the little sidewalk area Layla has asked me to drop her off at every day. I always argue that I can bring her straight home but she says that she doesn't want to get caught with me. Apparently her dad is against dating.

Coming to a stop, I lean over to give her a lingering kiss, something I've been waiting to do all day. "Bye, Layla. See you guys tomorrow. I'll pick you up here in the morning." I asked her yesterday if she would want me to pick her up for school since I don't mind and she agrees as long as it's here.

"Okay." She reply's breathlessly.

I smile back at her and lean in the back to unbuckle Ben. Once he's free of the buckle, he leans forward and hugs my around my neck. Whispering that he'll see me tomorrow too in my ear. "You got it bud." I laugh.

Watching them start their small walk home, as Layla assured me is no big deal for the I don't know what time, I slowly drive home, ready to talk to Taylor about what could be the cause of that bruise the other day.

---------------------

Nothing very exciting in the chapter. Sorry for the wait, I'm drowning in school work for one specific class and it's driving me nuts.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Any feedback is appreciated! Love you guys!