Chapter 4

Above is a picture of who I picture as Jordi, Giovanni Bonamy.

Chapter 4- Layla

Fidgeting in my seat, I can feel a pair of eyes on me. And those eyes belong to a brown headed hot guy.

It's currently last period and we have about ten minutes until the final bell rings for the day and I have to go pick up Ben. We aren't doing anything this class, so I'm just sitting here drawing in a notebook.

Jordi is staring at me and has been all day. In every class we have together, which is three and then lunch, he has kept glancing at me. He's been friendly towards me and I feel like I need to be friends with him. I just have a pull towards him. When I'm around him I feel safe and it freaks me out at the same time. I've only just met the guy at lunch and I'm already feeling safe around him. He offered me some of his food and I liked how he was making an effort to be friends, but even though my stomach was eating itself, I couldn't, because I know what Marc would do if he found out I ate. I shuddered when I thought about that again.

Speaking of him, I wonder what he will say about me having made friends. He doesn't really like it when I have friends because that just puts him at risk of having someone find out about what he does to me. But weirdly, I don't care about what he might do if he finds out I'm making friends. Especially making friends with Jordi. I just feel an attraction to him.

And Taylor, he's sweet. Like a brotherly sweet. I like it, too. He's protective of me already, and I don't know why he'd want to be friends with me anyway, but he is. In our second class today, some girl asked me why I was so small and weak and laughed. Right after, her friends started laughing and adding things like "And why are you ugly too?" When Taylor heard them, he gave them a look and told them to piss off. Although he didn't quite use the word "piss." He was protecting me from those girls and I liked it. He also made me feel safe when I was with him.

Anyway, it was now a minute or so until school let out for the day. I must've been thinking for a while. I started to put my things in my bag and looked back at the clock. Thirty seconds later, I found myself up and out of the classroom, and halfway down the hall, I felt a gently hand on my arm, sending shocks up it. It sounds cliche, like in the typical romance novels when the girl feels shocks when they kiss or something.

Turning around, I came face to face with Jordi. Taking in a sharp breath, I stuttered out, "H-Hey Jordi."

He smiled and looked down, making some of his hair fall in front of his eyes. It was adorable the way he had one dimple more prominent than the other. "Hey Layla. I was just wondering if you'd want a ride home."

"Oh, um no th-thank you. I have somewhere to be."

"Well, of course you have somewhere to be, we all do, silly. I was just asking if you would like to ride with me wherever you need to go." I felt giddy when he called me silly. I don't know why, but it was just the way he said it and the way he was looking at me when he said it.

"I r-really c-can't. I'm s-sorry. Maybe an-another day." Pulling the sleeves of my hoodie down over my hands, I looked down.

"Hey, it's okay. I don't mind. Look at me? I love your eyes, there so beautiful." I felt heat racing up my neck and to my ears. "You're cute when you blush." There's that dimple again.

Blushing even harder, I just thanked him quietly and turned away,walking out of the school. Heading to the elementary school, I saw Ben standing by the doors with a cute little guy. Ben was smiling from ear to ear and I can promise, that's the biggest I've seen him smile in a long time. Walking up to him, I said, "Hey Benny, who's your friend?"

He looked up at me, and flung himself into my arms. "Sissy! This is Wogan. He's my new bestfriend."

"Hi Logan. You're so cute." He blushed a little, making him look even more adorable. "Sorry Benny, but we have to go. Say bye to Logan." When I said that, he looked so depleted for a second. Chuckling softly, I added, "You'll see each other tomorrow, I promise."

"Okay sissy. Bye Wogan!" I love how Ben can't fully pronounce his L's correctly.

Taking his hand, we started walking our way home, to our own personal hell. Well, my hell, I make it as pleasant as I can for Ben. He doesn't deserve any of this Marcus stuff. He never did.