Chapter 25

Chapter 25- Jordi

Logan hasn't eaten.

Logan hasn't eaten much, slept much, or moved much since two days ago, when his mate left from school and never came back.

Layla wasn't much better. She tried helping me and my trackers as best she could, but she broke down every time she tried. She was a mess.

I'm doing everything I possibly can to find my Little Man.

I have Alpha Damon visiting from his lands along with some of his trackers who have been on the rogue scent for a while now.

Right now, I just left breakfast for Layla, who is cuddled up with Logan; both having tear-stained faces and puffy, red cheeks.

It breaks my heart seeing Layla like this. She's my other half, my soul mate, my one and only. And right now, the only thing I can do for her is be there for her.

She's lost the only family she's ever known, and I'm doing everything in my power to help; but nothing's working.

"We caught a scent around the southern borders of our pack, and it looks like they're circling their way around. Yesterday we had a few patrollers catch a scent near the western border." A tracker from Damon's pack explained.

"So he's circling around your pack." My dad said.

"It looks to me as if he's trying to lure you out of your lands, Jo." Taylor exhaled.

I sighed and shut my eyes, rubbing my temples. "I just want Little Man back safe and sound. I don't know what to do. What's the better option; seeking him out for a fight, or waiting for him to contact us?"

I know neither option is great. The longer we wait, the more risk there is to harming my Buddy. On the other side, if we seek Marcus out, there's no telling if he has Ben with him or if he's keeping him somewhere.

The thought of the outcome of either pains me.

"Son, it seems to me as our only option." My dad goes on.

"I'm sorry, what?" I say. Apparently I missed something.

He sighed, he can tell this is hard on me as well as Layla and Logan.

"I said, maybe the only way to keep Ben the safest as possible is seeking him out. It seems as if that's our safest option."

"Alpha Jordi," says a Midnight Crest tracker, "I'm the head tracker for Alpha Damon and I can assure you, whatever option you see fit, we are behind you every step of the way. I myself know what it feels like to lose a family member to a kidnapping and unfortunately for me it was too late. I can swear on my life, I, along with my pack, will do everything in our power to help you."

Alpha Damon nodded in agreement, pain in his eyes. He must know what he was talking about. "Alpha Jordi, I can make sure that every one of my trackers and warriors are on your side in this. We will help with whatever you decide to do."

"Thank you." I paused for a minute, "Dad, what's the plan?"

-

"Hey, baby."

"Hi," she grumbled.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you." I know surprises aren't the best thing for her right now, but it's worth a shot.

"No, I don't want to."

"Lay, please. It's not healthy to be like this. I love you and I want to help you."

"I love you too," she moaned, "But I just want my brother." Her face scrunched up and tears welled in her eyes. I could tell she was thinking of him because after a few seconds, she broke like a dam.

She started shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. I peeled back the covers and winced as the tolerable smell of body odor. I didn't mind since she was the girl I would love forever, though.

I gathered her in my arms and just held her, letting her cry everything out. I rocked her back and forth and just whispered in her ear. I stroked her hair and played with it, knowing it calms her down.

After a while, she was out of tears, but was still crying. If that makes sense. She cried herself out.

I grabbed the water bottle I brought in from the kitchen and unscrewed the cap. I placed my thumb on her bottom lip and opened her mouth, knowing she doesn't feel up to it.

I know it sounds melodramatic but would you want to continue if you lost the only family you've ever had?

I placed the bottle to her lips and tipped slowly, making sure she drank. Her slim features were pale. She was dehydrated from crying herself out.

"Hey, c'mon. Let's get you a bath."

I brought her into the bathroom and gently placed her on the toilet. I ran the water after plugging the drain and poured in some relaxing lavender liquid stuff. The smell was pleasant and was supposed to relax you.

When the water was high enough and I felt that it was warm enough, I helped Layla stand up. I lifted her shirt slowly as she lifted her arms. I helped her out of the rest of her clothes as I trailed small kisses over her wrists and shoulders. Each time I moved to a different spot I placed kisses on her skin.

When she was fully naked, in all her glory, I picked her up bridal style and placed her gently in the warm water. When she was settled, she took her knees and hugged them to her chest.

I sat down by the edge of the tub and took the cup and filled it with water. I tipped her head back lightly and poured the water over her hair.

Taking the shampoo she has, i lathered some on my hands and gently massaged her scalp with it. She sighed and closed her eyes.

After rinsing her hair twice and applying the conditioner, I took the scrub and lathered some soap on it. I glided the poof over her fragile body.

After rinsing her body off and making sure all the conditioner was out of her hair, I unplugged the drain. Taking a towel, I helped her stand up and wrapped it around her body.

She stepped out and I dried her off gently.

I guided her to the bedroom and helped her get dressed in simple shorts and a T-shirt.

I felt arms wrap around me when I was thinking. "Thank you," a frail voice whispered.

I wrapped my arms around her, relishing in the touch of my love.

"For what?"

"For everything." She started crying again.

"Hey, look at me." She looked up, silent tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Don't thank me for doing this for you. I would do anything and everything to keep you happy. And when you can't seem to be happy, I will do anything and everything to help you get through it. I know it's tough, and I'm trying my best. We have a plan, baby. Okay? We are going to get Little Man back." I paused. "I promise you."

"I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you too, now come with me?" I asked, holding out my hand for her.

She placed her hand in mine, and smiled the best she could. Although it looked like a grimace, I smiled back for her effort.