Chapter 26

Chapter 26- Layla

I couldn't breathe.

It felt like I was suffocating. I'm not able to breathe with this weight on my chest. What'll happen to him? Was my constant thought. If only it was me he took, and not my baby brother.

I can't stand to do anything. I feel so guilty. Like I should be the one in his place.

It should be me.

I couldn't stand myself to do anything. All I wanted to do was cry. I felt sorry for myself. I felt sorry that I was still here while my sweet baby brother was in the hands of a monster. Who knows what could be happening to him?

I shouldn't feel sorry. I should be helping Jordi. I should be making an effort to get my brother back. But what am I doing? I'm wasting away in this room, crying my heart out ever five minutes.

Why?

Because it should be me.

I know there's no logic to what I'm doing. But it seems right to me. Like I should punish myself for not protecting him better. I need to feel empty; to punish myself for not keeping my promise to my brother.

I always told him he was protecting me just fine and then when he fell asleep in my arms most nights I would tell him how I promised to protect him from anything.

I broke that promise.

-

"I love you so much," I whispered to Jordi.

He was the sweetest person ever and he's the love of my life.

He came in the room and held me while I cried. He took me into the bathroom and bathed me. He was so gentle with everything and I fell more in love with him.

When I dressed me and told me not to thank him I started thing again. One; because I don't know where I'd be without him. And two; I keep thinking it should be me and not Ben.

"I love you too, now come with me?" He asked, holding out his hand as he unwrapped his arms from me.

I placed my hand in his and followed as he led me down the stairs and into the backyard.

A beautiful sunset was in sight. The pink and orange glows casting across the sky was beautiful. Jordi wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his chin on my shoulder.

"This is beautiful."

"So is this." He replied. I was confused but got over it anyway.

"So what's the plan?" I said grimly.

"Well, I'm just gonna say it. We are going to hunt this bastard down and get back out Little Man at all costs. Nothing is going to get in the way of us getting him back. I promise."

"How?"

"Well," he sighed, "Alpha Damon's trackers and warriors are on our side. At the next sighting of rogues or the next scent spotted of a rogue, we are to be notified and our warriors along with trackers are already on standby. When we hear the signal from Midnight Crest, we will head straight over and defeat Marcus. We have all of our trackers and warriors armed as well as their trackers and warriors. I also have Alpha Matt's warriors in on it as well, for extra help."

"All these wolves are putting their lives on the line for one rogue? And to help me?"

He nodded, but looked grim, "Yes and no. They are all allies in helping us win the battle that's bound to happen. But we know that it isn't just him. Damon's pack has scented several different rogue scents and who knows how many there are. All I know is that we will defeat them and get our Benny back."

I nodded and almost started crying again. I only looked down.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I turned around in his arms and sank into his chest. "It should be me."

"No. Don't say that."

"But it's true! It should be me that's in Ben's position right now! After spending my whole life protecting him from that bastard I let him down now! It should be me! Not my baby brother! I'm the one Marcus has always beaten and wanted. I'm the one he should have taken!"

"Stop!" Jordi roared. "Stop. Don't you see baby? This is tearing you apart. It shouldn't be you who is in the hands of that monster. It sure as hell shouldn't be Ben either. Neither one of you should have to go through that, but unfortunately Ben is. He's going through it but you know what? We will get him back. I promise you."

He held his arms tighter around me. Holding me together.

"I know you don't want to hear it but thank you so much."

"Shhh." He whispered in my ear as I started shaking once more.

He stroked my hair and held me together. "Shh." He kept whispering.

---------------

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!

Don't you guys love me? (:

Just kidding, I love you guys. But this chapter is kind of a filler, just to show how Layla's feeling.

Felt like I owed this to you guys because I'm super busy and don't know when I'll be able to write the final chapters of FH. I'll try to have the next chapter posts by this weekend or next week sometime but not sure yet.

Love y'all!

****COMMENT AND VOTE ****