Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Jordi

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." I hung up the phone with a sigh.

I screamed out, frustrated to no end. I knocked a cup of pens off of my desk I was that frustrated. Seconds later my dad came through the door.

"What's going on?" He said, taking a seat across from my pacing self.

I just sighed.

"If it's a pack problem then you need to let Layla in on it and let her help. She is your Luna and needs to start learning." He said.

"I know dad, but I don't want to tell her about this. It's about him."

"That's all the more reason to tell her. She needs to know if her and Ben are in any more danger than they already are." He was the one sighing now.

"I just can't put we through anymore stress right now. She's been having these nightmares for a few nights now. Every single one of them is about him and someone always ends up hurt in them. She's been waking up in the middle of the night sweating and crying." I paused.

"She's breaking down because of them and I cant do anything about it. I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest every time I try to help and she pushes me away. She locks herself in the bathroom for an hour every night after having them and I can't do anything to help when she does. And when she comes back to bed I hold her but she's blocking out any emotions by then."

He just nods. "Layla is a strong girl, anyone can see that. She's been through a lot and this is breaking her. Knowing that the man who tried to kill her is out there somewhere is taking its toll on her. She's not any different around the house, or at least I don't see it. But I have noticed that she's been kind of down lately. She doesn't show it but I see it in her eyes."

"And I don't know how to help! I try to hold her and just be there with her but it's not working. She relaxes when I do but then again she always shuts herself off most of the time." I hang my head.

"Son, she will get past this. I believe in her, now as for you, well you just gotta be there for her. Don't make her talk, just be there. I'm sure it's helping more than you think." He said. "Now what's happening with him?"

"I'm not completely sure it's him but I have a pretty nasty feeling that it is." He motioned for me to continue. "Alpha Damon's border teams spotted a rogue a few miles from their territory. Since our guards were bringing him in that direction I feel like it's him."

"I won't tell you what to do, but if I were still in reign, I would add a few extra security to the border teams and then keep in touch with Alpha Damon. Keep getting updates on the situation and most importantly, help Layla through this. Keep them both safe. I know I will as well the rest of the pack. They love her and the adults who have met Ben through their pups have loved him."

I smiled, "I will. Promise."

---------------

I was just laying here, staring up at the bright blue sky, taking in the feelings of dirt against my fur, the wind whispering in my ears, the sun kissing my snout.

Pups were in training right now, with some of the beginning instructors. The advanced classes were later today.

I decided to go for a run after my talk with Dad, to let out some frustration.

My ears perked up when I heard soft footsteps approaching. Rolling onto my belly, I looked and saw Layla walking over with her head hanging.

Alex stood up and starting running in circles, wagging our tail and jumping a little. When she finally reached us she had a smile on her face, unlike when she was walking over.