Chapter Thirty-Three

I planned to have this story uploaded before New Years, but clearly, I have failed miserably. It is now almost 5am and I have finally finished! Real talk though. Just in a quick recap of what happened since the last time I uploaded: RT hit 112k+ reads, 4.6k+ votes, and it ranked momentarily at #154 in Fanfiction. I seriously cannot even begin to forumlate words to express how completely honored I feel. Even though 2014 is now officially over, I just wanted to thank every single one of you for being a part of my life and making my experience on Wattpad a great one! As always, thank you so much for reading and supporting me!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

ZAYN

"Ni-! Wha-?"

Liam tried to speak, but Niall immediately jumped onto him, nearly knocking the brunette off of his feet.

"Holy fucking shit," Niall breathed, running his hands all over the latter's face. "What are the chances that we'd run into you. Oh my god."

"When did you curse so much?"

"I've digressed."

"Figures."

Niall smiled brightly down at the boy and sloppily kissed his cheek. "I've missed you so much. Jesus. You won't believe where I've been."

"Where the bloody hell have you been? You just disappeared out of nowhere and everything just kind of went haywire. A lot of things have changed since you've been gone," Liam said, lightly brushing his fingers over Niall's attire. "What the hell are you wearing anyways?" Niall climbed off of Liam and returned to my side; he pulled me towards Liam and forcefully extended my hand out to greet the latter.

"Sorry about that. I personally don't even know what happened; I'm still trying to figure that part out. This is Zayn by the way, Zayn Malik. You're not going to believe this, but he's from the nineteenth century; sounds crazy, I know, but I'll explain it in a bit. Please do excuse his uptight manners," Niall rambled.

"Pleased to meet you," I said, clasping his hand tightly and bringing it up to my lips, laying a soft kiss onto the back of his hand. A satisfied smile found its way onto my face as Liam nervously glanced down at the ground and pulled his hand away from me.

"Ah- yes," he mumbled. His eyes suddenly widened and his eyes flickered between Niall and I. "Wait. What the hell do you mean 'nineteenth century'?"

Niall glanced around the shop and noticed the tender staring at us; he hurriedly pushed Liam and me out of the shop before he finally began to speak once again. "I'm not sure, but this necklace has something to do with it. The night that we went on a date and ..."

I couldn't hear anything else after the word 'date' had graced my ears; Niall and Liam had gone on a date together.

Niall and Liam had gone on a date, together

"Um," I hummed, interrupting the two as I took a step forward and grabbed Liam's arm. "Do you perhaps know where we can find shelter? Niall's still a little sick and I'd appreciate it if we didn't have to spend another night out in the cold."

"We can come to my house!" Niall piped in, smiling widely and grabbing my hand excitedly.

"We can't!"

Niall's eyebrows furrowed together as he turned his attention towards an extremely distressed Liam. "And why the hell can't we?"

"Because everybody thinks you've been kidnapped—or murdered; they've already presumed you're dead. If you randomly return home after all of this time, the media will definitely come after you. It'll be the talk of the town. Also considering the story that you just told me, I'm sure it's best if we don't involve the media."