Chapter Eight

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever, but hopefully this long(er than usual) chapter will make up for it! (I'm especially sorry to xiloveyouux because I promised an update last week but ended up not updating). Finally getting to the end of the intro... Harry's going to be making his appearance in the next chapter for sure!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

LOUIS

A loud buzzing awoken me, nearly scaring me half to death. Mumbling curses under my breathe, I aimlessly patted the nightstand in search for my phone. After knocking a few irrelevant objects off of the table, the device was finally found. My eyes were still glued together as I pressed the home button. I immediately regretted not lowering the brightness the night before. Squinting, I tried to make out the words on the screen.

"Sorry I left in such a hurry ! Mum said she'd kick my arse if I didn't come home ! xx"

I closed my eyes to minimize the pain from the brightness before typing a response.

"I thought we weregiong to have a sleepiver"

Before I could even put the phone down, it began vibrating again. I groaned and kicked the covers off. There was no point in trying to go back to sleep now.

"Jesus Christ, Louis. Even autocorrect can't save you"

"I was still sleeping before SOMEBODY woke me up >:-("

"But it's almost noon"

My back cracked multiple times as I attempted to roll off of the bed; third time's a charm. My legs, unfortunately, were not the first to find the ground.

I groaned as I tried to pull myself up from the floor. A muffled buzzing could be heard from the bed behind me. I craned my neck back and noticed that the phone was still lying on the bed. Great. I began rolling towards the bed, stretching my arm over the side of the bed. As the mission proved unsuccessful, I used the bed to pull myself up.

"Wanna go ice skating tonight at 8?"

"I wanna punch you so badly rn. That's what I want to do," I angrily texted back. Niall knew fully well that I was not a morning person at all.

I slipped the phone into the right pocket of my sweats before beginning the long walk from my bedroom to the bathroom. As I continued down the narrow hallway towards said room, I noticed, for the first time, how vacant the house seemed from the lack of noise. Living with five sisters, it was rare to have a single second of silence.

Upon entering the bathroom, I shivered as my foot touched the cold tiles laid across the floor. I stumbled towards the sink, quickly turning it on and waiting for the water to warm up. Pulling out my phone, I checked to see if Niall had replied.

"Aww. I love you too, Lou ♥"

"Where is the skating thing at?" I replied, ignoring his previous message.

I turned my attention back to the running water that had just begun to run warm. Cupping my hands together, I caught some water and splashed it onto my face. I picked up a bottle of face wash that was sitting in the corner of the sink and massaged it all over my face. As feminine as it seems, face wash had become a part of my daily routine thanks to my pestering sisters.

As I patted my face dry with a towel, I turned the shower on and waited for the water to warm up before checking my phone once again.

"There's only one skating place around here. What do you think?"