Chapter Twelve

Spring break is ending soon and I'm trying to squeeze in one or two more chapters before this story returns to its ever-so-slow updates. Sorry this chapter is a bit long and I'm honestly too lazy to reread it more than once so there's probably a ton of errors. The POV switches are unreal. Sorry and thank you for sticking with me through all of this! BY THE WAY. Harry does the nasty at the end (if you know what I mean) but I'm not too good at discriptions so it should be ok. Still, I feel so dirty. help.

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

ZAYN❞ 

"What is it about me that Harry doesn't like?" Niall sighed as he paced around my bedroom.

After dismissing Niall, Harry left the two of us and refused to even look at me. I hate how thick Harry has to be all of the time. Honestly, I don't even know what's going on in that head of his.

Since Niall had nothing to do for the rest of the day, I ended up inviting the boy over to my house. It was fun following him around and watching his expressions change from shock to intrigue as he excitedly explored the numerous rooms around the house.

I was a bit ashamed when we finally arrived at my bedroom for my family is not nearly as rich as Harry's therefore my room is not as grand as his. Nonetheless, Niall was still at a loss for words.

"Are these yours?" he gasped, running his fingers across the various canvases that were scattered around the room.

I was a bit embarrassed that my maids had not yet cleared out my bedroom like I had asked. Mother was always angry that I refused to use the art room she had provided; the view in the art room was not nearly as nice as the one in my own bedroom.

NIALL

I was a bit surprised upon entering Zayn's room; Zayn didn't come off as an artistic person to me when we first met. What intrigued me the most about the paintings was the fact that they were of the same view; the one that could be seen from the bedroom window. There must have been a total of ten different paintings in all.

"I have somewhere I want to take you," Zayn said as he grabbed my hand. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I watched him grab a suitcase which was sitting relatively close to an easel near the windowsill.

"What's in the suitcase?" I asked. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," Zayn smiled.

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed as we began approaching a spacious meadow that was very much hidden in the deepest part of the forest on the edge of town. Flowers of all sorts were scattered throughout the fields in a distraught yet beautiful arrangement. I've never seen so many flowers before, probably because I was never really an outdoors type. The thought of home began to intrude my mind, causing a rather bitter feeling to grow in the pit of my stomach.  I gazed at the horizon longingly, almost as if home was a physical place in the distance that I could simply run to.

"This place is a secret between you and me, alright?" Zayn smiled, patting my head.

I nodded my head softly, hardly even listening to a word he was saying. He gracefully jumped out of the carriage before offering me a hand. He laughed as I fell into his arms instead of finding the ground. A small smile crept its way back onto my face. Despite the fact that I had come to this odd period in time, I was surely blessed to be saved by Sir Des; I'm especially grateful to him for I was able to meet such kind people, excluding Harry, that is.