Chapter Sixteen

Somebody hold me please. It's actually possible to crank out a whole chapter in less than twenty-four hours. I knew vaguely what I wanted to happen in the next few chapters, I just didn't know how to write it... especially not after the way I ended the previous chapter. Regardless, I hope this chapter is a decent follow up. Also, sorry I didn't upload this earlier because something went wrong with my wattpad and I couldn't understand why four of my chapters went missing (but don't worry! It's fixed now).Thank you for all of the support and thank you for reading! I'm honestly so blessed to have such wonderful readers!

PS. THANK YOU FOR FIVE HUNDRED VOTES!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

NIALL

I slouched in the old armchair as I watched Harry and his dance instructor waltz around the room. If I didn't know any better, I would have said that this was one of the most beautiful and romantic moments I have ever witnessed. Of course, the two were anything but beautiful and romantic; every time they danced their way towards me, I could hear pieces of their conversations, and the words spoken were some of the most unholy things I have ever heard. There was no denying the youth and beauty in Harry's dance instructor, but the body language and verbal exchange between the two was enough to make me gag.

Unlike Harry's other lessons, I actually had to sit through his dancing lessons because Sir Des was anything but pleased when he discovered my inability to dance. I couldn't quite understand what the big deal was since I was just a butler, and I believed that dancing is one of the highest forms of art and should only be reserved for the noble. Unfortunately, Sir Des disagreed with my statement completely and informed Lance to change my schedule; instead of helping with the preparation for the ball, I would have to accompany Harry.

According to Lance, a butler's job is much higher than that of a servant and therefore must hold certain skills and a certain level of intelligence. I guess Ashton was right after all about Sir Des' keen eye for talent; unlike the majority of the commoners, I had a pretty solid background in education. Besides education, I was lacking in practically everything else.

So here I was, stuck in yet another dance lesson. I've sat through about six hours of lessons all together yet I still couldn't remember a single thing. I felt like clawing my eyes out from frustration and disgust just from watching the two waltz around. Harry, of course, already knew how to waltz; I honestly don't even know why he bothers showing up for these lessons if he already knew how to do it, and so perfectly I might add. Oh, wait. It's probably because of the drop dead gorgeous instructor that he keeps trying to get into bed with.

I groaned as the two of them looped back towards me for the thirtieth time. As they approached me, my eyes caught Harry's and we shared a second of mutual eye contact before he leaned in towards the instructor and ever-so-loudly whispered dirty words into her ear. I lightly gripped Harry's nicely folded coat—that I was in charge of holding onto—to keep myself from hurling.

I couldn't really understand why she was trying so hard to hold back since it was pretty obvious she had a thing for him as well. Certainly her volubility to the family was enough to keep her job safe, even if Sir Des found out about their fling—assuming that Harry would try to pull the innocent card again.

The blush on her face became quite evident as he pressed his lips to her temple, slowly lowering his hand towards her bum. I rolled my eyes, trying to focus on their steps instead of their hands.

After five or so more minutes, I started to feel a bit drowsy. My eyelids began to droop as I sunk further into the soft cushion of the antique armchair. The previously obnoxious tapping of feet across the wooden floor became a rather comforting sound as my thoughts began to drift off to the friends and loved ones I had left behind. How was mum doing? Was she worried about me? Was she eating alright? How about Louis? Did he and Eleanor get together? What about Liam? Do any of them miss me?