Chapter Forty-Two

Sorry it took so long for me to update! I have been struggling with writing and I'm just generally dissatisfied with everything that I produce; honestly, it was just the worst writer's block I've ever had. I really wanted to finish this chapter a couple of weeks ago before the Bromance Awards ended but that didn't happen haha!

I want to say a huge thank you for everybody who voted for Rewinding Time because I honestly thought that I wouldn't even make it through the first round. I'm really glad that I've met such supportive readers and it really warms my heart when I hear that you guys are enjoying reading this just as much as I enjoy writing it! When I started Rewinding Time, I honestly never imagined that it would be anything like it is today. I'm so thankful for every single one of you guys for making my writing experience a great one! Thank you, as always, for reading and supporting me!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

NIALL

I slowly opened my eyes and glanced around, confused and bewildered. The incompletely built Eiffel Tower made it painfully obvious that we had not landed where I had hoped.

I let out a soft disheartened grunt before shoving the man off of me and making a run for it. Regret immediately washed over me as I remembered that the man still had the crystal, the one and only thing that could possibly get me out of this mess and allow me to return to the nineteenth century.

Rather reluctantly, I retraced my steps back towards the man; adrenaline coursed through me as I began to sprint with all of my might before diving straight at him, knocking us both down onto the soft grass below. We tumbled about, wrestling and clawing at each other, both doing whatever it took to gain the upper hand.

"How did you do that?" he growled, pulling my body down towards him and using the momentum to flip me onto my back. He swung his leg over my waist, mounting me before he leaned down and pressed his forearm against my throat. "Tell me."

I gritted my teeth, thrashing my body about as I tried to escape from the control he had over me; my mind was racing but I couldn't figure out a way to get out of this one. Despite being completely unfortunate in the recent turn of events, I continued to clamp my mouth shut, not daring to utter a single word to expose the powers I had discovered not too long ago.

"Let me rephrase that," he hissed with a harsh, authoritative demeanor, sliding his forearm up closer to my chin. He softly grazed his nails against my skin before digging his thumb into the dip between my collarbones. "Tell me now or I shall kill you."

I let out a spluttered gag, eyes widening as my fingers clawed against his skin, trying to find purchase. Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried so hard not to give in, but alas my body was shutting down from the lack of oxygen. Everything just hurt so much; my heart was aching and aiding my tears, making the physical pain of not being able to breathe much more difficult.

All of a sudden, the option of dying became increasingly appealing; at least then I would be able to reunite with Harry in a life after death, if there was one. It was a better option than being stuck in fucking Paris, pre-Eiffel Tower, with no chance of ever returning home or back to Harry.

My arms fell limply against the ground as I ceased my movements and snapped my eyes open like a deer caught in the headlights, staring directly into his eyes. "Do it then." I tilted my chin up and bared my neck, encouraging my own execution.

The pressure on my throat lessened slightly, evidence in his falter. His eyes softened as they shifted back and forth. He slowly retracted his arms away from me before harshly forcing me onto my stomach. I let out a soft grunt as he pulled my arms back and pressed my wrists against the dip of my back, instigating an indescribable strain on my sore arms.