Chapter Twenty-Seven

So I've been arriving to my classes about 30 minutes before it begins; thanks to that, I was able to pull this chapter out of my butt a lot quicker than the previous one. I'm so glad you guys liked the last chapter and thank you for all of the anniversary wishes! I'm so thankful I had the guts to post this story in the first place. Well, it's a bit late on my end so I'm going to head to bed now. Thank you for reading and supporting, as always, and have a fantastic day!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

NIALL

"Good morning, Niall!"

I groaned quietly and rolled over onto my left side. Who the heck could have so much energy so early in the morning? I slowly opened one eye to catch a glimpse of the intruder. Much to my surprise, Taylor's gleeful face came into view.

"L-lady Taylor!" I stuttered, quickly sitting up in the bed.  My eyes scanned the room, falling on Harry's bare back as he presumed to change out of his nightwear. I consciously marveled at his built form, wondering how on Earth it even looked that nice without the help of modern exercising equipment.

"Did you lot spend the night together?" Taylor asked, sauntering over towards Harry; she snaked her arms around his waist from behind and rested her cheek onto his now clothed back. I had forgotten that Harry was engaged to Taylor. How could I have forgotten?

I frowned as Harry turned around in her arms and kissed her nose lightly. "We were up until morning, chatting over tea," he smiled.

I snorted loudly at his reply and quickly threw my hand over my mouth. Like hell we chatted over tea.  

Even though I was able to collectively project an emotionless face on the outside, my inner emotions were fighting a war between anger and sadness.

It killed me. The fact that he could so easily carry on and pretend like nothing had happened between us. I never thought that I would ever fall prey to Harry Styles and his little games, but the sad truth is, I did.

"I'm quite excited for today," Taylor exclaimed, staring up at Harry. "Harry and I are going to have a little adventure around town."

Oh, how very original of you, Harry.

I had the urge to walk up to them and rip them apart before kneeing Harry in the balls. I felt like an intruder. It would have been better if Harry had not kissed me—if I had not kissed him back.

I smiled uncomfortably as I tried to utter a few words of excitement to Taylor; unfortunately, I found that the words were stuck in my throat. I couldn't help staring at the couple in front of me and admiring how impeccable they looked together. From the get go, I knew that they were made for each other.

I don't even know what possessed me into believing that Harry would be a new start away from Louis; how completely naïve of me.

"You can have the day off, Niall," Harry said as he guided Taylor out of the bedroom. Not once did he look at me. Why? Was he so disgusted with me that he couldn't even bare to look at me? I wasn't the one who kissed first.

Even long after the bedroom door swung shut, I continued to stare at it, dumbfounded; I was so lost in thought and shaming myself for what I had done. I probably stared at that door for a good half hour before I realized that he wasn't coming back.

By breakfast, I had abandoned the bedroom and wandered around, asking if anybody needed some assistance with anything; I ended up spending a good portion of my day doing odd jobs around the mansion. I even discovered that there was a whole section of the estate that I had never even seen before.