Chapter Forty

I haven't updated anything for a whole month now! I'm in another wave of exams and term papers and I literally just want to roll over and cry because there aren't enough hours in the day to study. I honestly should just camp out at the library omfg. I spend more hours at school and the library than I do at home :-( Definitely living up to the definition of 'nerd' haha! Without further ado, here's a chapter of 99% Ziam and 1% Narry! Thank you all for reading and supporting me even though I take ages to update!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

ZAYN

I groggily crawled out of my sleeping bag and rubbed my eyes tiredly. A yawn slipped past my lips as I absentmindedly reached underneath my 'sweatshirt'-according to Niall-and scratched my stomach. I glanced over at Liam's sleeping bag and smiled to myself before scooting closer towards him and, without warning, flopped down on top of him.

He let out a soft grunt as he tried to push me off of him, his arms immobilized by my body and the sleeping bag. "Get off, Zayn," he mumbled, popping his head out of the sleeping bag and squinting at me, eyes not yet used to the bright morning sun.

I grinned cheekily back at him and rested my head back down onto what I presumed was his shoulder and began to nuzzle against him. "Good morning, love," I hummed, curling my knees closer towards him in an attempt to close in on the space between us.

Liam huffed and elbowed me harshly-or at least he tried to. "Yeah, it would have been 'good' if I wasn't rudely awoken by a certain somebody," Liam shot back, thrashing about in his sleeping bag as he tried to wriggle out from underneath me.

"Aww, is somebody grumpy?" I rolled over onto my back so that I was lying perpendicularly on Liam and stared up at the ceiling, snickering when he left out an agitated grunt.

"Why don't you do this to Niall?" he asked, sighing as he accepted his fate and began to relax his body.

"Because he's cuter and doesn't kick me when I try to cuddle with him."

"I could hardly call this cuddling."

"Whatever."

I rolled off of Liam and unzipped my sleeping bag. Much too tired to properly get up from the ground, I rolled over towards Niall's sleeping bag and was surprised to find that it was completely vacant. I quickly sat up and glanced over at Liam, catching him in mid-yawn.

"Where's Niall?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows when I turned my attention towards the side door and noticed that it was still bolted shut; there was no way Niall could have possibly bolted a door shut from the outside if he was using the loo-more like a hole in the ground.

"Is he outside?" Liam asked tiredly. He began rubbing one of his eyes absentmindedly as he peered over at me with his other. "Maybe he's taking a dump."

"But the door is still bolted," I pointed out. "It doesn't make sense. He could have left through the front door too, but that's also bolted."

Liam glanced around the room and groaned before crawling out of his sleeping bag. He began muttering curses under his breath as he reached into his duffle bag and pulled out a roll of toilet paper.

"I'll help search for him in a bit. Just give me a second, alright? I'm going to use the loo really quickly," he said quietly as he slipped his feet into his boots and began to shuffle across the floors.

I eyed his toilet paper suspiciously. "Are you taking a dump?"

His ears turned bright red as he snapped his head around and scowled. "Shut the fuck up."