Chapter Six

SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED SINCE NOVEMBER. Merry belated Christmas by the way! I know I don't really have much of an excuse, but school is seriously draining all of my energy. Since we are on break now, I'm going to try to write as much as I can while I still can... thank you all for supporting me!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

NIALL

"Is this seriously your house?" I asked as the car slowed down in front of a ridiculously large mansion.

"Yep," he shrugged, unfastening his seat belt. He seemed completely oblivious to my surprised reaction.

"Do you ever throw parties here or something because this is ridiculous," I exclaimed, pushing the car door open. Instantly, a blast of chilly winter wind slapped my face. I scrunched up my face and began rubbing my cheeks with my hands to keep them warm.

"My parents would beat me to a pulp if I did," he laughed. He stepped out of the car and quickly pulled a coat over his shoulders. I swiftly walked towards Liam to join him on the other side of the car.

"Nice nose," he teased, pinching it.

"Hey," I said, slapping his hand away.

"Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose," he sang, letting out a boisterous laugh at the end. He tapped my nose gently, sheepishly smiling.

"Very rude of you," I pouted, "but you have a very nice voice."

"Why thank you," he laughed, playfully bowing. "Now let's go inside before you freeze to death out here," he smiled, grabbing my hand. The warmth from his hand quickly absorbed the cold from my chilly fingers. I tightened my grip around his hand, in hopes of stealing more warmth.

We dashed through the massive driveway and towards the entrance of the mansion. All the while, I was admiring the shrubs and trees that lined either side of the driveway. As we approached the entrance, the marble fountain that I had spotted from a distance seemed to be a lot larger than I presumed. I don't quite understand why Liam goes to a public school since he comes from such a rich family.

In no time at all, we arrived the entrance. Much to my surprise, he didn't approach the front doors; instead, he led me to the side of the house and released my hand.

"Stay here," he said as he began climbing up the wall. I perked my head up, watching him curiously.

"Um... Liam?" I asked. "What are you doing?" I shivered as I watched him climb. I was absolutely rubbish at climbing, so just watching him was absolutely frightening.

"Well, we're not exactly supposed to be home by now; school is still in secession and all. We don't want the maids catching us, do we?" he laughed. "Start heading to the backyard, Niall. I'll unlock the patio and you can enter in through there. Try not to get caught!"

With that, Liam was gone. I ran towards the massive metal gates behind the house and gaped at the size of it. It was almost twice my height. Just the gate alone reflected the wealth of the Payne family; there was not even one single ounce of rust to be seen. I sighed as I eyed the gate. Well, here goes nothing.

It probably took me eight tries before I was finally able to hoist myself up onto the gate. At one point, I made the poor decision of looking down. I actually stopped for a while and sobbed silently to myself before continuing.

"What are you doing?" Liam asked, raising an eyebrow. He was standing on the other side of the gate, watching me struggle.

"I'm trying to climb over this gate. What did you think?" I mumbled.