Chapter Thirty-Five

I am in no way British nor do I understand British lingo, so please forgive my American ass if I make any mistakes haha! I was writing about Liam and money, and I was sitting here wondering whether if they call it a "bill" or not over there, so I kind of googled it a bit and settled for "note". idk LOL what am I even saying.... thank you for reading and supporting me! Much love to all of you! xx

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

LIAM

"I'm hungry," Niall whined, pressing his lips together in a pout. I rolled my eyes and got up off of the couch, no longer allowing him to use my lap as a pillow, causing him to whine even louder. He wriggled his body closer towards the armrest and tried to use the uncomfortable wooden thing as a pillow instead.

"You just ate," Zayn called back loudly from another room, his voice bouncing off of each of the walls, filling the empty rooms. Zayn had taken a sort of fascination in the abandoned mansion and insisted on exploring the grounds, even though I had told him that there was not much to see.

I had already searched the entire premises—well, the ones that were proven to be safe. There was nothing left behind that could even indicate who had lived here; it seemed that the place had been ransacked multiple times over, leaving only the broke-down furniture that nobody would bother stealing.

"I'm sick," Niall wailed, flapping about on the couch like a fish out of water.

"I swear to god you're like ten," I sighed, abandoning Niall and wandering deeper into one of the halls in search for Zayn. Niall continued to curse and threaten to kick my arse if I were to disappear from his sight. I smiled at his words but continued my escape from the living room nonetheless.

I eagerly passed by several rooms, hardly glancing into each one to see if Zayn happened to be in any of them. Much to my dismay, by the time I reached the end of the hall, I still hadn't found Zayn. My eyebrows furrowed together as I pushed open the final door and peered inside.

My lips turned down into a frown as I recognized the room as one of the bedrooms I had promised to myself I would never enter at any cost; it was evident that the previous owner of the room was an adolescent girl, considering the fact that there was a dusty yet frilly bed in the middle of the room, topped off with a number of eerie dolls.

With my eyes glued to the dolls in captivation, I didn't notice Zayn's approaching figure from behind; needless to say, I almost shit myself when he blew on my neck. My voice came out several octaves higher and without even turning around, my arm reflexively spasm, elbowing him in the ribs; Zayn doubled over, laughing and crying out in pain.

"Oh my god," he coughed and grinned cheekily up at me as he rested his hands on his knees, pausing to take several deep breaths. "Your face."

"Shut up," I muttered, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Aw," he smirked. "Did I scare you?"

I gritted my teeth and turned towards him, gently pushing him as revenge. Zayn, in return, put up his hands to shield himself from my hands as he backed up against a wall, laughing all the while.

His back lightly bumped against the dusty, wooden walls. A small puff of dust detached from the wall and surrounded the two of us. I pressed my elbow against his chest to keep him from pulling me closer to him; I was so not down to get any closer to that dusty, moldy wall.

"What, punk," I snapped, opting to switch from playful shoves to tickling instead, seeing how shoving was having no effect on him.

Zayn let out a yelp and shifted; several more layers of dust and mold detached itself from the wall, littering the air once again. My face twisted into that of disgust and my nose scrunched up as I felt a sneeze coming on.