Chapter Forty-Seven

This is barely even 2k words but I struggled so much to get it done. I know you guys don't really want to hear the whiny me, but I just really have a lot of coursework for school to do so it's really tough for me to find time to write; the only places you can probably find me are either the classroom, the library, Starbucks, or on the floor of my bedroom. I honestly wasn't even aware of the whole Modest! dealio until one of my friends talked to me about it today. I'm sorry for being extremely slow with my updates, but I hope you guys understand that the only true relationship I have anymore is with my books.

As always, I hope you guys have a delightful day and thank you for reading and supporting me!

And sorry for that really annoying A/N ghaiwjawkl

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

My eyes fluttered open, sensitive to the bright sunlight that filled the bedroom. I sighed softly and nuzzled my face further into Harry's chest, closing my eyes again and breathing in his intoxicating scent. I glanced up at him, blushing deeply as I caught sight of his delicate features, illuminated in the most breathtaking way by the morning sun. He was absolutely beautiful.

Every inch of my body was numb, skin still burning in the desire that had swallowed us whole. Our legs, tangled together like a couple of vines up a garden wall. Our hands, grasping one another tightly, almost as if he just knew I would disappear if he let me go for a single second. Our skin, still damp from sweat and the sweet sin from the night before. I scooted closer towards him, trying hard to drown myself in the warmth of his body. Yet somehow, I still felt so cold.

My shoulders began to shake slightly as a tear slipped from my eye, pitter pattering onto the damp pillow beneath me. It had been impossible for me to sleep the night before; rather, I simply couldn't allow myself to sleep. Every last second that I spent with Harry was precious. I would be a fool if I had chosen a wasteful slumber instead. As the night had waned on, I found myself unable to hold my tears back, completely overcome by the sadness that tormented me like an endless thick fog.

I sniffed and tilted my head up, pressing my lips gently against his shoulder. The salty taste of his skin lingered on my lips, leaving a bittersweet notion. He stirred in his sleep slightly like a butterfly disturbed by an oncoming breeze, inhaling sharply and opening his heavy eyes as he glanced down at me.

I became completely lost in his eyes, finding it impossible to tear my gaze away from him; his eyes shone like a pair of gems amidst the rubble. My heart felt like bursting from the overwhelming amount of love I held for the boy before me. The grasp that Grief had on me was strong; it was almost to the point where a single touch of his finger could send my body into a wave of body wracking sobs.

Harry leaned down towards me, pressing a delicate kiss to my forehead. My eyes fluttered shut as I tried to burn the feeling of his lips into my memory, fearing the sadness that would follow me like a shadow if I were to forget.

He sat up, crawling off of the bed and wandering over to the dresser; his long legs stumbled a bit, still weak from its slumber. I tiredly watched him, eyes drooping slightly from the drowsiness that blanketed me. I didn't realized that I had dozed off until the bed dipped beside me and his lips pressed gently against my temple. He chuckled softly as I languidly turned my head towards him, whining when he pulled away.

"Time to get up, darling," he hummed, wrapping his arms around me and helping me sit up. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, blinking slowly as he draped a dress shirt around me. He smiled and pecked my cheek lightly as I sat there in a dazed state, eyes unfocused as I watched his fingers fumbled with the buttons. I raised my hands slightly, playfully showing him how his sleeves were so long that they completely covered my hands effortlessly. "You're so tiny," he said, grinning when I pouted at his words.