chapter 18

Y/n POV

Captain and I stared at each other for about ten seconds. While I only had no choice but to stare, it was still a mystery why he's right in front of me.

"Captain? What is it?" I asked again.

He stared at me with contempt. Either holding back a punch or blade to kill me. Well, in all honesty, I can't really tell-- or I'm just not in high spirits to think it through.

"Go to the ground with me. I'm going to train you in combat." Finally removing his arms on both my sides, I sighed and decided to follow him.

Walking behind him, the silence succumbed us through the steep hallways. Our heels tapping on the wooden floor with somehow harsh steps like a trained men we were. I watched his back facing me, seeing his small frame somehow didn't justify a broad back but I didn't want to say that out loud, shouldn't I?

After that walk, we reached the field. He suddenly turned around and made a high kick which I instinctively raise my forearm to cover the area since my body froze to get down. He followed with a punch near my eye but now I had enough mobility to evade aside.

Finally getting over by the sudden punch, I quickly took my revenge with a kick myself but he was just as quick. We exchanged punch and blocks as time continues, but as time went by, I felt my body getting heavy, my head hurting as well.

The shitty captain began to start tripping me so I stepped back as if we were in a dance pattern and as soon as my eyes were busy watching over his damned feet, I suddenly felt my left arm pulled around into a lock, and my leg getting tripped by his leg that we both fell on the dust.

My arm was still behind me, but I struggled free with luck, rolling around only to have him grabbing my wrist and catching the other one and pinned it above my head. He then sat on my stomach, locking me on the spot. I tried kicking up but he leaned his body closer a foot away from me.

Having no other exit with my arms and waist lock, I sighed and stopped. "I give up, captain."

He didn't move. Only glared at me. "Try escaping." He demanded.

"I can't." I looked sideways. My legs can't kick him, my arms are weak enough and I just got out of deathbed. "I give up, sir." I repeated quietly.

He hissed, letting my arms go and standing back up. I did the same as well, tapping off the dust that stuck up on my hair and clothing. I tried catching my breath as well, stretching my bones with satisfying cracks on my joints. It still hurts but its fine.

"How's your body." Shitty captain asked.

I stared to roll my shoulder and there was another popping sound. "It's a bit painful." I replied lightly.

"Then go back to the hospital and reccuperate." He demanded.

I looked at him wide eyed. "Wait. I'm fine! It'll get better soon." She quickly denied.

He frowned at me. Glaring at me with blazing hatred as he always had. I stepped back a bit on impulse but I didn't look away. "You're so weak. I don't need a weak assistant." He told me.

"I'm not weak--"

I was cut off my words when he suddenly tripped me having me end up on the dust again. I looked at him shock while he lowered his body, leaning forward to face me while crossing his arms.

"You're saying?" He asked in a mocking way.

This guy...

I closed my fist tighter. My palm landing on his cheek that... actually hit him?

I was stunned.

So was he.

We looked at each other wide eyed and I started feeling that I did something seriously wrong about the current scenario. Me on the floor with a flustered face and him leaning above me wide eyed and knitted brows.

I.

Fucked.

Up?

"Captain, I... you didn't dodge!" I quickly complained.

"Shitty brat. You..." he sounded threatening that I could feel the hairs on my back in stood up.

I swallowed. "Captain! I didn't mean it! I thought you'd dodge!" I tried to explain. He tripped me while I'm out of focus! Why is he mad when I did the same?!

He glared at me with the most killing intent he could have had.

I blinked twice. My life flashing before my very eyes... wait... I think I experienced this sorry state before.

Should I commit suicide before he kills me?

"Stand up." He suddenly said before I could even think of running away.

"H-hah?" Confused, I decided to lift myself up as we now stood face to face.

He eyed me. The killing intent disappeared--lessen. "How do you feel?" He suddenly asked.

Feel about what? "I'm still bit dizzy." I replied.

"Anywhere else hurting?"

"Uhhh... my back?"

"Tell me each and every." He demanded.

I was a bit dumbfounded. Levi my good sir. What is all this questions for?

"Uhmm... my shoulder, my rib, my waist, my neck, my ankle and... my head." I said while giving them a touch as I mentioned the parts and flinching in pain when I do so.

I am an idiot.

I know.

... wait no! I'm a genius.

He clicked his tongue. "Go back to the hospital then." He replied and started walking back to the building.

I followed suit behind him. "Captain, if I don't move my body, it will hurt even more in the future." I explained. I'm not even used to being bed ridden. It hurts my head if I lay down a lot.

"You need to heal. Are you that stupid to understand?" He hissed.

Are you concerned? Or do you just don't like the sight of me hovering all over your line of sight? I frowned. "Sir. The pain is fine. I need to move." I explained.

I want to smack you again! I wish I could've at least given you a bruise with that punch!

He stopped and so did I, nearly even tripping when he's in front of me. He turned around and glared. Again. "And if you get injured again because of your shitty clumsiness?" He asked.

Well you always want to kill me. What's the difference?

"I'll be twice as careful--"

"I don't trust you." He cut off.

I don't trust myself either, punk. "Well you'll have to, captain."

I am tired of this conversation!

"And if I still don't?"

Fuck! What the hell? Why am I even trying to please you?! "Then I'll go back straight to the hospital." I said. Hah. I won't ask more punishment from you!

He clicked his tongue as the sight of me always irritated him.