Chapter 03

Chapter 03

Your POV

I stood still. The cuffs on my back was aching that the irritation from my struggles resulted to bleeding. I have no idea why they captured me, pointing a gun at my head until I realized what's going on.

Mikasa was shielding both Eren and Armin from the other soldiers who were pointing a gun at him. I could barely register the information in my mind until everything kicked in. I tried to knock some sense out from the commander in charge, but instead of actually trying to realize, he looked at me with a rather hateful eyes. As if I was a monster.

Although confused, I know they were using me as bait for some reason. Or probably, they thought that the four of us are conspiring something to doom humanity. Stupid.

It happened in the headquarters after we've refilled our gasses back in Trost, after insisting about saving the titan from the others who's somehow hates it, we were welcomed by a barely alive one. He was being feasted upon yet he stood tall for one final attack before he tragically fell into the ground and started steaming. Holding our breaths, we watched it slowly disappears. Until on its nape, it moved, slowly opening the skin to make its way out not expecting the being that came out of it. Eren.

Armin already did everything he could. His speech was well spoken as he said to propose a plan in humanity's fighting chance.

"Please, commander Felman! Listen to what we have to say! We also wish for the victory of humanity!" I said, already trying as hard as I could to remove the cuffs from my hand. From playing my finger around the ring hole of the cuffs, I purposely broke my pinky. Nobody noticed, thanks to them all being focused on the three.

"Monsters! No matter what you say, you are still considered as rebels! Fire the cannon!" the indecisive man raised his hands up, so did I try to stop him grabbing him by the collar as I planned to flip him to his back.

However, a hand held his shoulder and the other grabbed my wrist. Making the motion I set stopped and stunned over the quick reflex. "Still a coward as always." The voice spoke softly.

Slowly my eyes trailed towards the man and slowly realized who he was. Commander Pixis!

***

The plan to retake Trost was in motion. I tried to calm myself over the plan Armin had proposed to the commander while I was watching the titans whom have inhabited the small portion of wall Rose. It was the same before the wall was breached, the sight of remains on the ground speaks fearful memory that made me wonder why we chose to be a soldier.

I shook my head. I already proposed my plan regarding the post-victory in reclaiming this town in order to ensure that Eren will still be safe after this plan succeeds. "It didn't appear." A voice spoke behind me that made me nod in response. I pulled my knees up and buried my head under it.

"The armored titan, huh?" I clarified.

I don't know when our luck's going to end. But I was tad thankful that somehow, they listened to us over our barely possible proposal.

"You sure you could do it? Eren?" I asked.

He sat beside me with a shrug. "It's the only way." He replied.

I tapped his shoulder gently before eyeing the breached gate. "Just go for it. We believe in you." I said.

"You bet. I'll do it." he grabbed the hand that I place in his shoulder, locking it in between his fingers as I felt myself trembled in cold despite Eren's warm hand holding mine. "You're always thinking." He added.

I scoffed. "And you always say you're joining scouting regimen." I rebut.

"Because that's what I was planning to do." He replied, holding my hand tighter.