Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Y/n POV

My eyes grew saucers as a large explosion occurred in just a second and coming out from the sight of the tree, the female titan appeared into our sight. Petra had ordered us to move away but Eren was persistent to fight alongside them which I agreed about as I wanted to add their strength as well.

With reassuring smiles of confidence from the three superiors we had on Levi Squad, we lost from our insistence that made us swung away from the team, watching them from a far distance as they expertly maneuvered their ODM gears, blinding her and then hacking off the back of her feet. I was impressed. Somewhat feeling stupid for thinking that they can't do it without my help at the matter. However, as I tasted the wine of victory from seeing their amazing strategy, it was quickly spilled in a second my muscle had relaxed. So quick in my eyes as she moved, blood spluttered all over the place. It felt so easy for her to have slaughtered the whole of Levi squad's old members.

Retreating with me, Eren turned back that made me make a halt on my landing. "Stop!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, drifting as fast as I could to reach him back but as I was too late to do anything, I saw him bit his thumb as light came crashing down upon us. The heat was intolerable no matter how short it was, sending me flying into a random direction like a rocket that before my body knew it, I hit my back on a tree, stopping my body from going farther. It caused me to fall on one of the branches as I coughed out some air that nearly knocked me.

Opening my eyes to see two giants fighting that was too impossible to watch in any normal circumstances.

Letting Eren handle it let me buy some time to check on my hit. My right shoulder was specifically screaming pain when I hit the tree, a dislocation that I can at least tolerate but I could still use it in case other titan would come interfering with the fight. I stood up, my body was shaking as an aftershock when I was thrown on the tree. Sword on hand, I watched how disadvantaged he was in this fight. Because, first of all, he never won from her. She was clever, her mind was clear as a river that the boy's anger wouldn't even get a serious fist to hit her.

"Eren! Calm down!" I shouted. There's no way I would keep up with their riot. Especially when they're both giants. I know I could at least outrun Annie and put up a fight in her human form, she was quick, but I was also instinctive which gave me a fighting chance.

Suddenly, Annie's arm was covered in some crystal, smacking Eren who flew towards my side hitting the tree making it violently shook wherein I nearly lost my balance. I jumped off, planning to buy him some time to stand before Annie could get back at him and to at least make it a bit longer for aid to come and capture her. I swiftly glided around the blonde's shoulder while she followed me in awareness. Her hands tried to catch me, but I decided to pull myself down before her palms could wrap itself around me.

I need to get to that nape of hers.

Shooting my gear to fly around her back, she instinctively covered her neck with one hand, following my direction again to catch me. Now, I didn't dodge, swinging my sword to cut her hand at the same time calculating my momentum before my gear pulls away. Landing on the side of the tree, I watched her use her other hand to try and swing where my rope was locked that made me quickly released the harness, letting me fall midway on the ground but luckily, I was quick enough to run my gear to a farther tree while the other subbed me and continued fighting her.

I scolded myself for actually feeling excitement about this fight. Our squad was killed. How can I feel happy over fighting a murderer?! I shook my head, landing to another branch to watch them. I didn't really know what he was screaming at the moment, but whatever that was, I can tell how mad and vengeful he was for what she did. Now I wonder if he could tell who she was.

Watching as he tried his best to punch her ended up into a mistake when she gave such a strong round kick making Eren's titan form's head tilt aside, falling into the ground. My eyes grew saucers watching how she bent down and bit off the titan's nape, revealing Eren who rose up unconscious. Spitting off the piece of meat in her mouth, she leaned down and suddenly... ate him.

"Eren!" I heard Mikasa's voice close by, turning around to see her desperation to catch up.

It was until then that I realize how reckless she was that when she passed through me in such speed, I followed.

"Mikasa! Don't attack carelessly!" I warned although I know it would but not little effect. She ignored me and boosted her gas while I looked how Annie's hand was prepared to smash her. Dammit, girl! I hissed, deciding to match the speed of this woman that I didn't care anymore.

The female titan's arm swung toward her, but before the selfless woman could take the hit, I pushed her away that I took the hit, right through me, feeling the impact as I heard Mikasa wasn't screaming his name anymore... but mine.

Her palm closed coiling around my torso, squeezing me too tight that I felt something really cracked. I squirmed, feeling dizzy from her running, but I was aware that she was taking me with her from her escape. I tried struggling, but her grip on me tightened that I chocked, coughing up hardly while I tasted my own blood.

"Y/n!" Mikasa cried out, her eyes wide.

I turned to her, my dizziness almost devouring my entire thoughts. But I shouldn't sleep yet. "Calm down, okay." I struggled out a shout, a reminder that she keeps forgetting everytime Eren gets in trouble. "Make sure you won't get off guard the second time—" I felt her grip again, tightening so much that could crush whole of my bones that it was harder to breathe. I gasped, feeling numb while my feet were giving up on struggle.

Everything mixed up. My head was taking me to a frenzy, and my body was all over pain. I felt myself rose up in the air, that when I opened my eyes, it was her blue bored eyes stared into me. I simply gestured back a smile at her, but her expressionless form didn't seem to falter, swinging me fast before she let go, throwing me off some random space, that for the second time let my body collide with a tree. But now, there was no branch that would catch my fall as I felt the gravity pulling me down.

I didn't hit the ground unexpectedly. Despite my numb physique, I could feel an arm around my shoulders and thigh. The scent seemed familiar as well, faintly tickling my nose as I looked up with my blurry sight. I heard him hissed. "Dying again? just who do you think you are being all but a bloody martyr? You're not a shitty goddess, shitty brat." He insulted. Is that his parting words? The fucker insulted me while I'm dying? Is he for real?

Unable to retort back, I was only able to grab him weakly by his uniform. My voice was missing and at the same time, my head was making me think shit. My hearing started fainting as well, making me feel afraid that I might really die this day... this moment. Everything started to collapse, my teary eyes was going heavy down to my toes. My grip loosed, not knowing if I ever let go when the darkness took over.